Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC) - page 2
by nurse2b013 5,626 Views | 18 Comments
Hello! Anyone out there from this school? I am waiting on my scores from the NLN pre-entrance exam last week, and then waiting to see if I got into the RN program. I was just curious if anyone else on this site attends school... Read More
- 0Yes, I wish I knew how many applied too. You did well, I think you will be fine.
I am taking psych, algebra, college writing. I think I am going to take Advanced Comp online over the summer. How about you? How long have you been taking classes? I feel like everyone has been around longer than me. This is my first semester. I have only met a couple of other people that are in the nursing program or that are trying to get in. I do know a few that dropped out. In fact, I heard that this years class is down to only 6 students. That make me nervous about whether I will be able to handle the pressure.
- 0This is my 2nd semester. I'm taking A&P 1 and Human Growth and Development (psych). I know about 6 other girls who are trying to get into the program the same time as us, we all have class together.
I have a friend in the current class (the one that started Fall 2010) and they just had about 10 people fail out over one exam a couple of weeks ago! I'm not sure how many are left in that class now...I do know that everyone who tested for that class in Indiana got in (regardless of their NLN scores) because they had less than the maximum amount of applicants. That's why I wish I knew for sure how many applied for our class!
I'm worried about being able to hang in there too...but before I stress about that, I have to stop stressing about getting my acceptance/denial letter!!! I actually had a dream about it last night, lol!
I'm on campus on Monday and Wednesday evenings. How about you?
- 0I am there Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Friday morning. I met Cary a couple of months ago and she is the only one I had met that is applying for this year other than you. I know a girl who is in her second year. I also met a girl who goes to the main campus and is in her first year. She works at the Scrub Shack in the Westmoreland Mall and offered to help me pick out my nursing stuff if I get in. She told me that it is more intimidation than anything else. Her advice was to be active and be interested in learning and we will do fine. That made me feel better.
I understand about the stress. It is killing me too. Stinks to think that we could all get in and we are worrying for nothing.
- 0Yep I know Cary, she is one of the girls I have class with. Small world!!!
I guess we will find out soon enough when the letters come! I wish they would hurry up!
Are you on FB? Send me a private message if you are and I can find you on there. We need all the moral support we can get going into this program!!!
- 0Oh I also wanted to add...I have been concerned about admission, because even though I did well on the NLN, they also look at GPA and prior coursework. I have been out of high school for 15 years (had a 3.5 way back then, I think) and I haven't officially finished anything at WCCC...but I have A's in everything right now. I am afraid that the NLN won't be enough and they will want me to complete more courses or something. I really want to get started. I am not getting any younger, you know?
- 0I sent you a PM!
I hear ya about not getting any younger...sounds like we are about the same age. I went to IUP before and had many of my classes transfer over, so I don't have much under my belt for a WCCC GPA either. I am nervous about that too... But I think especially with your score you should be fine...with a score like that you won't need the GPA I would guess!
- 0Mar 22, '11 by jennyjoAww, you are so lucky about the IUP classes. I had finished over two years and none of them can transfer because it has been over 10 years since I took them. I am retaking the same classes that I had finished at IUP. It stinks. What stinks more is that if I had graduated, they would count forever. What sense does that make?
Well I hope you are right about my score...I need it to do all the talking for me! I found you on Facebook, I think, so I look forward to seeing you there also!
- 0Mar 13, '12 by sugarbeHello! I think I'm a bit off the topic, but I was searching this forum for other people who were attending WCCC in Indiana for nursing and came across this thread. I am registered to begin the pre-NLN classes for my first year (2012-2013) and I was wondering about the order of those first year classes to be taken. I noticed you are taking A&P1 in your 2nd semester and not your first. I have heard almost everyone tell me to steer clear of A&P until at least the second semester of college because it is such a difficult class and if you do poorly it will affect your consideration when applying for the nursing portion your 2nd year. Could you please give me your thoughts on that? I was also hoping to get someone's opinion on the order the classes should be taken. If you ( or anyone else) had any advice there, I would greatly appreciate it!