UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing '09'Register Today!
- by kellyjo1414 Jul 15, '09Hello all.
I just wanted to provide a thread that those going to Shadyside this year can communicate on. All input is greatly appreciated of course, especially those who have done the program. Has anyone else received the letter letting them know the fall 09 class is full and to wait for spring?
- Jul 17, '09 by r0b0tafflicti0nIs this the thread we're actually using? Excellent. The other one is useful but sooooo long. Years of info on there.
I anticipated the waitlist and took the first testing session and had everything ready as soon as my results got back.
Has anyone gone to their compliance meeting with Joanne yet? I am wondering what's up with that, what books/uniforms we need to buy. I hate having to do all this at the last minute.
- Jul 17, '09 by nocheaponesWow, so you applied when exactly? January or February? I do think it would be frustrating to have to do all of this last minute.
- Jul 18, '09 by kellyjo1414Hey Robot,
I got the idea to start a new thread from you, thanks. I started one with just UPMC Shadyside in the title, but I figure this one will get more hits.
I do agree. The last minute stuff is ridiculous!
- Jul 18, '09 by joyceak120Hi All,
I am starting the evening/weekend program. I have my compliance meeting with Joann on Aug 1. I don't know what it's all about, but I bet it's to see if everything is in that's supposse to de done. I have everything done except my ppd's and urine drug test, which can't be done until after Aug. 3.
- Jul 18, '09 by kellyjo1414Did anyone take classes at CCAC and transfer them to Shadyside? Since I have to wait until Spring to go full time, being the class for fall was full, I'm taking classes at ccac to try to get them out of the way. Any input?
- Jul 18, '09 by r0b0tafflicti0nQuote from kellyjo1414I took Nutrition at CCAC and transferred it to Shadyside. I sent Natalie (I think) an email first and asked her what is okay to transfer. . .I think it's basically everything except for the nursing courses and the diversity. I took Nutrition online. It was sooooo easy. You can have my book if you want it.Did anyone take classes at CCAC and transfer them to Shadyside? Since I have to wait until Spring to go full time, being the class for fall was full, I'm taking classes at ccac to try to get them out of the way. Any input?
Yeah, I applied in January or February I think. . .as soon as my results came back. I had to send in a 4th letter of recommendation though because one of them got lost in the mail. I kept following up on it, thank god.
- Jul 18, '09 by r0b0tafflicti0nAlso, I THINK I've done everything except for my drug test and my physical/ppd. I only have to do 1 ppd because I'm a UPMC employee (I just do the repeat ppd because I had the 2 part last year). . .that's pretty much all that's left to do, right? Did CPR. Did my ID photo.
- Jul 18, '09 by Ravenx2012Well okay I am here ... Not much to add at this time .. did not make this round of the draft picks but am hoping I make it come March. Anyone who wants to start networking early I am game .. Panera breads over coffee once we know more? Those entering in the fall .. perhaps you guys can give us some info for March... Let us know whats up in these interviews .. prereqs etc ... ummmm books title author of books .. hopefully they wouldn't change, but getting a leg up on things in the next 6 months can def make the first 6 months of classes easier.
- Jul 19, '09 by kellyjo1414Thanks for the info. I have registered for the Nutrition and Diversity Health and illness online. I am taking Logic at a campus. Diversity doesn't transfer? I'm going to have to email Natalie about that.
Thanks again. I may want to buy your book also, Robot. Thanks.