Drexel ACE Spring 2013, any applicants out there? - page 2
Hello All- I applied to the Drexel ACE program for Spring 2013 start date. Just wondering if there is any one else out there who will be playing the waiting game for the next several weeks/months ;)... Read More
- 0Thanks Laurn109. I agree! Im interested in applying to Thomas Jefferson's FACT program, too. That app cycle doesnt open until this August 15th, and the program starts fall 2013.
I'm in Florida right now, but I will be back in the Northeast within a week. I plan to visit Jefferson and Drexel ASAP, so I can make a decision. From what I understand, we have about 60 days to submit a decision to Drexel, and we can also defer our admission until next term. Not saying that I'm giving up my spot, but I want to make sure I weigh all of my options before plunging in!
- 0May 6, '12 by jocy_anneHi Kelsea!!! Glad to hear that it looks like you've been accepted to Drexel! Congrats!!! I haven't started at Jefferson yet, but will in September, so feel free to contact me if you want me to show you around or have any questions! They do have two accelerated BSN-MSN programs, so make sure you know which one you want to apply to. FACT is the one-year program and it starts every May. APW is the two-year program (the one I'm doing) and starts every September. Good luck with everything!!!
- 0Thanks Jocy_anne! I'm hoping to get a day within the next 2-3 weeks to get up to Philly to visit the schools. How helpful is the staff at Jefferson? I've had limited contact with them so far. I plan to call tomorrow or Tuesday to set up a campus visit/meeting w/advisor.
I liked the idea of the FACT program because I would complete a bachelors and masters within 25 months (If I continue immediately into the masters program). Can I ask what drew you towards the AOW vs the FACT?
I'm so elated that I was accepted to Drexel. If I attend their program, I definitely plan to pursue my MSN.
- 0Sure. My undergrad GPA is 2.99 (not so great). I had an upward trend in my grades, and did really well my senior year. My undergrad degree is a BS in Dietetics. My GPA in my last 60 credits is somewhere around a 3.5-3.6 I believe. I have all of my sciences done. Just working on the Ethics/Human G & D/Comp Science pre reqs. I also have my CNA license. Haven't used it yet, though. Plan to soon. I mentioned my license # in the application as well as sent a letter of recommendation. Hope that helps!
- 0May 6, '12 by jocy_anneI think the staff is pretty helpful. It can be a little difficult to get a hold of someone during those crazy times in the admissions process, but everyone has always been very helpful and nice. You can actually schedule campus tours on their website, but if you wanted to meet with an advisor, you'd have to call them. I think the biggest reason I chose APW over FACT is because I feel I need more time to take everything in. I don't have any background in the medical field, so I don't think I'd feel comfortable studying for only a year. But that's just me. Plus, I might need to try and work part-time during the program, and I know that's pretty much impossible to do in FACT. From what I can tell, the two programs require the same classes and cover the same material...it's just that FACT condenses it into quarters and APW does it in semesters. If you're comfortable with Drexel's ACE program, though, then you'd probably be ok with FACT.
- 0May 6, '12 by mal0126Hi everyone. Congrats on your acceptance to everyone that has already received it. I am anxiously awaiting a decision as well. I was just wondering if you guys have been contacted a lot via email? I really haven't at all, and I was emailing back and forth with someone in the admissions office back in Feb and tried emailing him last week but haven't heard back. I hadn't checked my status on the portal in a while but the other day I did and it said they were missing a transcript for transfer credits that I had taken one summer, however I was never notified by email when they had discovered that they needed this. I requested the transcripts and they have since received them. It says that I do not have any outstanding materials, BUT it says that a decision cannot be made because my application is incomplete (but it's frustrating because they haven't contacted me at all). I'm assuming it is because they haven't received my transcripts from the current semester (which will bring my pre-req # to 9), but it would be nice if they said something. I applied SOOO early to the program and I don't want to be penalized for this kind of stuff (such as my application going to the bottom of the pile or something like that). My undergrad GPA is a 3.7 and I'll have 4 more prereqs left after this spring semester ends in 4 days. Sorry for the babbling, just thought I'd vent to others that are going through a similar process. Let me know any advice you may have (people to contact, etc.). Thanks!
- 0That's sooo helpful Kelsea thanks! I'm sure having your CNA is a great thing too..
mal0126 you should get your spam folder in your email...for some reason all my emails from Drexel have been going straight to spam idk why! But if I were you I would call to get it all straightened out they're pretty helpful when you call