Drexel 4 year BSN CO-OP Fall 2010 - page 4
by Finally my Time 20,355 Views | 69 Comments
Hello All, I've lurked here for many months and LOVE :redbeathe all of the quality advice that is given to every single post... I am hoping there are some fellow students out there that can tell me about the Drexel BSN 4yr... Read More
- 0Feb 27, '10 by mary502010Quote from ac324hello and congrats on your acceptances to nursing school! i read your post regarding drexel. i am a drexel grad from the 5 year program. i want you to be aware that a four or five year program may be take you a longer time because drexel withholds your degree if you fail to attain a very high score on one standarized test. there are some students from my class who are still trying to graduate from last year. i had a good gpa, great clinical reviews, never repeated a course, and actually never failed a test in my entire hs and college career, but had trouble with the one test. i was not allowed to graduate until i went through three months of remediation (which mostly consisted of self-study) and paid drexel another $3500. these are the things they do not tell you up front. it caused me so much stress i near had a nervous breakdown to think my hard work came down to this single score.the test is hesi and drexel requires a very high score (much higher than the recommended passing rate) i was unaware of this up front. other schools use this test as a remediation tool, but only drexel uses it punitively. (some has to pay for that 99% pass rate). do your homework regarding all of the programs, get your parents involved in the decision because i know many students going through a very stressful time trying to graduate from this program. good luck with your decision and i wish you much luck.i found out that i got accepted to drexel a couple weeks ago! i was accepted to a couple other nursing schools, but drexel and jefferson are at the top of my list. i was accepted to the 5 year co-op, but would i be able to switch to the 4 year program? i like the three co-op opportunities in the 5 year, but i don't know if i really want to wait a whole another year to become a nurse. i think one co-op would be enough for me. does anyone know how i could switch to the 4 year program if i enroll?
by the way, is anyone going to the accepted students day on march 6th or april 11th?
- 1When the Hesi is administered as an entrance requirement it is used punitively to those who do not score high enough. I know I am aware of the high score requirement. I hope others are and decide accordingly what will work for them. For me, this is not a deal breaker..
- 0Feb 27, '10 by Lulu222Quote from Finally my TimeI do commute, and its not a far walk at all..15th and market would be only about 3 streets away but I get off the patco at 15th and locust and from there it still isn't more than a 10 minute walk. It's really nice in the warmer weather but if its raining or seriously cold out i jump on the broad street line instead.LuLu do you commute to school? Is it a long walk from 15th and Market to the campus?
- 0I was actually thinking of 15th and Locust. I forgot the street name LOL..... Thanks. I figured I would take Patco as well... I don't know ANYTHING about the Philly subway though..
Can you comment about the HESI the other poster referred to?... Did you know about it before you enrolled?
- 0Feb 27, '10 by dml2010I think im definitely going to take a cna course while im waiting, and I know about the hesi exam also but im not gonna let that discourage me because its something that must be done in order for me to achieve my goal. I've heard some people talk about how they couldnt pass it but I also heard some ppl say they passed it on their first try. Its all about how you spend your time studying, besides that its books out there that you can buy to practice for the test and i also heard that study groups help a whole lot....
- 0Mar 2, '10 by Lulu222Quote from Finally my TimeNo I did not take that class. I believe its only for incoming freshman. And yes, you receive your Ipod touch once you are enrolled in Nurs 200.Lulu--
Did you take the university or Drexel 101 class...(I forgot what it's called) Do you HAVE to take it? I know you said you received your Ipod touch. Did you receive it when you start Nurs 200?