Anyone Starting At UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing? - Page 39Register Today!
- May 28, '11 by letyaknowI'm replying to my own post again. You might ask why would the school manipulate things like this? Many reasons including the reputations of the administrators, the reputation of the school, the school's ability to attract students and charge a premium for their tuition which often times exceeds tuition rates for public institutions, the school's ability to make a profit , their accreditations, their ability to receive federal funding in the form of student loan monies, possibly more. Something else prospective students should consider.
- May 28, '11 by merner1012In response, I'm sorry you had a poor experience at Shadyside and just fyi, no I'm not some "well-off" student in ANY way. I went to Shadyside all on my own dime through loans. And, I'm not super smart but I also worked my ass off, staying up until 1am or 2am on any given night just researching and working on anything I could, probably like you said you did. I went to Penn State after high school and then CCAC and had a horrible experience at CCAC and one of my parents went to CCACs nursing program while I was at Shadyside and the difference was night and day for the two of us- that's why I say the things I do about CCAC. I have just never heard of someone having such a bad experience at Shadyside. Not all the times I had were rosy there, just like like life, there's bad moments too, maybe I just lucked out with instructors that gave a damn? Oh well, I'm not looking for a fight in anything I just don't want to scare people off, I want them to make their own decision. And as for the NCLEX pass rates, I passed on my first try and I'm truly an "average" student and didn't even benchmark the HESI, and to be honest I didn't care- I wanted to see where I was at without being super prepared for it. Regardless, I passed my boards the first time and I've only known of two people of almost 100 that I graduated with that didn't pass their boards. Anyways, I'm sorry you had a bad experience there because there really are instructors there that care. Like I said, I'm not looking for a fight about Shadyside, I just wanted to get my good experience out there for people to hear about instead of them seeing just negative comments (people usually comment on bad things and experiences and not positive ones). I hope you had a better experience at CCAC and best of luck to you.
- Nov 11, '11 by kathlyn2011Hello Tammy i was thinking of relocating to shadyside so i can go to upmc Shadyside SON Godwilling next yr spring about your neighbour having the apartments is it still available?And if so how can i get in touch?
Thanks.Last edit by kathlyn2011 on Nov 11, '11
- Dec 14, '11 by xostudent101I am registering to take the pre entrance exam and I need to take it as soon as possible. Can you take it at any school or do you have to take it at the school you are applying to? I am not completely sure which UPMC program I want to start but I know that ST. Mararets has the earliest testing date. If I take it there can I still apply else where?
- Jan 23, '12 by MurseFrankI'm starting on Feb 27 for orientation, who else is gonna be there??
- Jul 24, '12 by alyssajmooneyHi everyone!
I am applying for the class starting January 2013. I recently submitted my SAT scores (which they're now accepting in place of the PSB if you had a 450 or higher in the subject areas) and my application, and gave my references the forms to fill out. I wanted to know what the chances of getting into the program are if I had much higher scores than the minimum? Are you guaranteed admission if you have higher scores? Thanks!