Anyone attending Mercy Hospital School of Nursing (Pittsburgh) in August 2011?
- 0Mar 14, '11 by aubie.mathewsHello!
I am going to be attending Mercy Hospital School of Nursing in the fall of 2011.
I was hoping to meet some people before hand!
- 8,959 Visits
- 0Mar 18, '11 by javapearlWe can't be the only 2 students! I will tell you a little about myself.... I currently attend BC3, and as of this summer, all of my pre req's will be completed, except nutriton and bio-med-ethics. I quit my job last year to finish what I needed, and have been taking a what I like to call, a mid-life vacation of sorts... as I turned 40 in January. (will I be the oldest in the class?)
I sent my fee and papers backs, too and I was going to call today to make sure they made it. Could you imagine loosing a seat, after all we have been through? I hope to get the additional information soon, as I am anxious to complete what is required.... and ready to do some shopping!
Hopefully some other students join us! ... soon ?
- 0Mar 18, '11 by aubie.mathewsmaybe people just aren't searching for the post! haha
but anywho! here's a little bit about me!
I am currently at CCAC South Campus and I am finishing up some classes there. The only class that I don't have for mercy is biomedial ethics. at least it's towards the end of the program!
I'm pretty anxious about them getting on confirmation stuff too! I'm ready for my lists of supplies!!
- 0Mar 18, '11 by javapearlJust an update... I called today to see if my confirmation made it, and she said it had. She also said that she mailed everyone's folder of information out as well, yesterday. I know it usually takes me 2 days to get mail from them, so I will look tomorrow and see! Can't wait to read everything! I wonder what color of scrubs we have to wear, and I am anxious to see our schedule, since we completed the pre req's. Could you even imagine how hard it would be to jump right in, without anything completed, first?
Anyways, have fun looking through all your things... it will be like Christmas, a kid in a candy store... let's just hope it is all good things!
- 0Mar 19, '11 by javapearlOk... got the "goods"! excited for the most part, and alot to do! One area of disappointment was that the only class I am exempt from is anatomy. She said I can CLEP the rest. What is that... how do I do that... and please don't tell me I took classes forever, for nothing! I will have to call and see, but for now, it is the weekend, and I am left wondering. With the completion of summer I will have anatomy 2, english 2, and microbiology done... but there is still psychology, sociology and human growth. I was suprised to see that there is no math requirement... thought that was a given in any profession? Anyways, if anyone knows the answer to this question, I would appreciate a reply... just curious!~
- 0Mar 19, '11 by aubie.mathewsthe same thing happened with me! my sciences didn't transfer! so I sent them an email asking exactly why it doesn't transfer and I plan on calling them Monday to talk to someone. I am so mad about that! whats the point of taking the classes before if they won't count for anything!! ugh! so frustrating! haha any how! we'll see what they say!
- 0Mar 20, '11 by javapearlI think because it has been so many years, for me atleast, since I had psych, HG, and sociology. I am talking by 8 years. I was disappointed, but then again I understand. At first, I was upset at myself for taking all the easy classes, first. But, now after hearing your story, I am thankful! Wouldn't want to take those science courses over again to save my life! There must be a window you have to fall into ... a time frame... guessing 2-3 years? I researched the CLEF... and you sign up for the exam at a specific college... study like crazy, and take the test. If you pass, then you don't have to retake the class. Each test cost $77. I need 3. Pysch is in the first semester, so I was maybe going to consider doing that, worth a try? Then I thought when I had a small break and time to study, I would squeeze in the next one... and so on.
Are you even scared about all the vaccines? hahah. Remind me again why I was happy? Just a lot of figuring situations out... making appointments, etc. I am extremely organized, and can not wait to start crossing things off! .... Anyways, I do understand the complexity of the situation and I am more than pleased to be aboard!
I have a few questions to clarify with them, as well... I bet they are going to swamped with phone calls. Let me know how you make out! Good-luck!
- 0Mar 23, '11 by aubie.mathewsSo i decided that I'm going to take A&P 1 and A&P 2 in the summer at CCAC and mercy said that as long as theyre done by the first day of school they'll transfer! so thank goodness for that!
I have been flying through getting everything ready for orientation. I have almost all of my clearances ready to mail back to the school.
I also have to renew my CPR certification so I have to find a class for that! hopefully that won't be hard to do!
hope things are going well!