2012 CCP Nursing program - page 30
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has received their acceptance letters for the fall 2012 program yet and if so how many points did you have?... Read More
- 0Aug 7, '12 by NikiPHLMy friend who just graduated the nursing program at Brookdale Community in Jersey was kind enough to give me all of her books. They are the same concepts/titles we are being asked to get (Pharmacology, Med/Surg, Fundamentals of Nursing) just not the same authors. I'm hoping I can get by with these. I'm unemployed and even still, I couldn't get financial aid to cover anything other than my tuition...awesome. I just don't have the money, unless it falls from the sky.
- 0Aug 7, '12 by cupidsqueen420I hope they work for ya girl. I hear ya. I'm a stay at home mom and I've been buying the books in chunks. I got a few of the recommended ones, and just ordered 2 of the required ones today. The only thing I can say about the books you have is be careful because 3 of the required textbooks come with online access codes that I wouldn't be surprised if we have to use through out the year. You may be able to get away with buying just the codes if we do use them. The two required ones that I bought I was scared to by used because those codes are sometimes one use only and I didn't want to get screwed and buy a $120 textbook and then have to pay $75 for a code. I was thinking of emailing the department to see if we will be using the online access portion or not but I emailed them last week twice about other things and still haven't gotten a response so who knows if they would even get back to me in time. Amazon shows the expected deliver of my books anywhere from the 13th to the 29th and I don't want to risk not having them for the start of class.
- 0Aug 12, '12 by shahoo05Just bought all the required books! Took me a month working part time. I guess I'll get the recommended ones as the need arises. I'll be taking A&P II with Nursing I (yikes). I feel like I'm the only person not finished with the core classes before Nursing, but I was only able to get the Philly tuition rate starting this summer. Wish me luck!
Enjoy the rest of the summer everyone! See you in the fall
- 0Aug 13, '12 by cupidsqueen420I'm doing the same thing actually. I decided not to take it this summer and instead I took my humanities elective because it was available online. So I ave A&P 2 this fall and then micro to take other than nursing classes. Are you taking it at Main campus? I'm going on Saturday's at NE Campus.
- 0Aug 13, '12 by shahoo05Same here, I'll have A&P II in the fall and Micro probably in the spring. I'll have A&P at the NE campus on Mondays and Wednesdays. I love the NE campus! No heavy traffic, and lots of (free) parking. It will be a lot but it can be done. You'll be doing it with a newborn so I have no excuse
- 0Aug 13, '12 by NikiPHLHey guys, I still need to get my CPR certification in a hurry, has anyone done online certification? I took classes years ago but thought I'd give this a shot:Healthcare Provider CPR Course Details | www.procpr.org What do you guys think?