2012 CCP Nursing program - page 2
by annam83 47,238 Views | 397 Comments
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has received their acceptance letters for the fall 2012 program yet and if so how many points did you have?... Read More
- 0Feb 16, '12 by NightBloomCereusWow, so much for what the counselors told me! I'm going to be checking often, too. Now I just pray the counselors were right when they told me that I didn't have to retake chemistry even though I got a C- in high school. They said it counts as a C or higher. If only I didn't take honors!
- 1Feb 16, '12 by cupidsqueen420Thats a prereq anyway so as long as u passed with a C or above thats all that matters.. the grade itself has no bearing on whether you get in or not unless you are applying right out of highschool. I didn't even take chemistry.. since its been over 10 years since i was in highschool I decided instead of taking chem and bio, i took STS and got an A. That grade will have no bearing on me getting in though.. its just a requirement for applying. You wouldn't have even been able to get your application and take the Allied health test if it was a problem.
- 0Feb 16, '12 by cupidsqueen420OK cause someone was saying it would say pending fall 2012 Nursing which makes sense since you haven't committed to going and/or sent in your deposit. I'm so excited for you. It gives me hope that you found out so quickly and you had an 8. That tells me not alot of people scored a 9 if the last allied health test hasn't been done yet and they are already changing cirriculums for students who scored an 8. That gives me a little more hope that I will get in. Let me know when you get your letter.
When did you take your Allied Health Test?Last edit by cupidsqueen420 on Feb 16, '12
- 0Feb 17, '12 by annam83No actually mine doesn't say pending anywhere....not on the enrollment profile page anyway LOL. Even though it doesn't say pending and seems set in stone, I'm kinda scared it's some weird technicality and they're just reviewing my application since I haven't actually received a letter. I sent in my application really early like around the 2nd week of October. I took my AHT on November 2nd at 9 a.m. When did you send in your application and when did you take your AHT?
- 0Feb 17, '12 by cupidsqueen420I sent my application in at the end of November. My allied health test was Jan.17th so if they are going by when you tested then I probably won't find out for a few weeks since you probably took one of the first AHT's. The woman who ran our meeting to get the application said it is absolutely better to get it done right away because they do send out acceptances before the last AHT is taken. If they have 130 applicants that scored high enough to qualify prior to the last allied health test those individuals waiting till the last minute have less of a chance of making it. That's how she made it seem at least.. I could totally be wrong. I am so so excited that you found out already even though now i'm going to be obsessed with checking the website everyday. Like you said though even though it's changed, your waiting on that letter to confirm. CCP's website is so screwed up ya never know whether it was changed accidently or not.lol
- 1Feb 18, '12 by annam83Hi,
I got my acceptance letter today! All I have to do is submit my $50 deposit and I'm all set. The lady who ran the meeting I attended basically said the same thing about earlier app submission being better. I thought she said something like they go by score and then date and that they make a pile of all the 9's and put them in chronological order and offer acceptance based on the app date, then once they're done with the 9's they do the same with the 8's, then the 7s. I forget if she said they send out letters before or after the last AHT, but I guess I'm proof they do regardless lol. Well keep us posted, I'm sure a bunch of other people are following this post even if they never commented.
- 0Feb 18, '12 by annam83Thanks so much!! Yep, if you see that curriculum change then you know your in! When I was waiting I'd check my curriculum everyday, at least twice a day...you never know when someone is going to go in and change it LOL. O.K well I'm anxious for you and if you get in too it will be nice that we kinda know someone already.