Weclome to the New PACU Nursing Forum - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 5, '08 by PACU'erI'm with you on the treatment part. Sometimes we are treated like step-children. We are a critical care area that keeps people alive. I find it interesting that some ICU nurses (FYI: I love and respect ICU nurses) don't feel we measure up until a patient is supposed to go direct, then they want them recovered in PACU because we are better at it!
- Oct 5, '08 by pacunurse12you are exaCTLY RIGHT! JUST THIS PAST FRIDAY..HAD TO KEEP A PATIENT IN PACU THAT SHOULD HAVE GONE TO ICU..somdays i wanna fight and some days i just wanna go home
- Nov 11, '08 by PaKuRNThanks... I really like the comments on PAKU nursing, I am laughing already... Looking forward to the interesting topics and sharing the unique experiences of PACU nursing.
- Nov 11, '08 by pacunurse12I have heard on more than one occassion that in order to get accepted into a crna program one has to have 2 yrs ICU experience..well what about 2 yrsPACU experience..will this not work and if not then WHY? If so then why isnt the nurse applying been told this? i think a PACU nurse is perfectly qualified to handle any cardiac event or otherwise !! Dont you?
- Mar 3, '09 by cloudenThank You
I am in Indiana, Clarian West Medical Center, Avon, In--APU/PACU