Meeting with admissionsRegister Today!
- by Sartorius1 Apr 17, '12Hi friends!!I am wondering if any 2011 or 2012 applicants met with admissions prior to handing in their applications?I am planning to apply to Linfield, PCC, Chemeketa, and OHSU for 2013 an have not met with any advisors at these schools. I'm kinda doing all my own research online and meeting with the pre-nursing advisor at PSU. It seems like a good idea but I also don't want to waste anyone's time (including my own!) Any words of wisdom, future nurses? Thanks!
- Apr 17, '12 by happiness123I recommend applying after you have completed anatomy. UP told me that I was rejected because I had not completed the series. So if you have the opportunity, take Anatomy in the summer and get it completed before you apply in the fall/winter. Best of luck!
- Apr 17, '12 by Sartorius1Happiness, so you did not meet with anyone at UP prior to submitting your application? And thanks for the heads up! Thankfully I'm in 232 and taking 233 this summer. Then just need micro lab and one more bio!
- Apr 19, '12 by happiness123I did actually and they never told me that...UP even has a place on their application where you put your plan to complete the pre-reqs so I assumed it was okay to apply without completing the pre-reqs. I only had anatomy to finish and I am currently working on it...
- Apr 19, '12 by Sartorius1Maybe in a way that's a good sign. Possibly all other top candidates had their pre-reqs finished and that is what made the difference regarding acceptance.. I bet you'll get in next time once your sequence is completed. Good luck to you.
- Apr 19, '12 by happiness123Thank you They have a lot of applicants and I'm positive a lot of them had their pre-reqs finished. I just wish they told me I had little chance without the pre-reqs finished. Good luck to you too!
- Apr 20, '12 by Sartorius1Yeah it would have been nice to at least save the money on the application fee, right?!