Different types of tie used in the ORRegister Today!
- by Lorodz Sep 30, '09different ties are confusing me and it seems i cant find a good OR book about Operating room skills
anyway can anyone please tell me the difference between a:
1. stick tie
2. free tie
4. suture lig?
and all possible types of tie...
thanks for sharing your info OR nurses!
- Oct 1, '09 by BethCNORA tie and a free tie are the same. They are lengths of suture without a needle. When they as for a tie or free tie, they want it placed in their hand. They may ask for a tie on a pass or passer. This means one end of the tie is clamped in a hemostat or tonsil clamp. A stick tie or suture lig is suture with a needle. It is used to suture around a vessel in order to tie it off. Hope that helps.
- Oct 2, '09 by Lorodzthanks a lot! this info would really save me from flying instruments. thanks
- Oct 4, '09 by DNRmeYou can't find a good book about OR skills? Your OR should have reference books and/or you should. The best place to start for the last million or so years is Alexanders Care of the Patient in Surgery.
- Oct 6, '09 by LorodzThanks for the book suggestion I'll go ahead and try looking for it. Thanks.