Correction nurse wanting to into OR residency...Need advice!!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Correction nurse wanting to into OR residency...Need advice!!!! in Operating Room Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Hello everyone, I am applying for nurse residency program to become an OR nurse. I would love...by HaveFaithRN Jun 5, '12Hello everyone,
I am applying for nurse residency program to become an OR nurse. I would love advice from my peers about OR nursing. One of the requirements is to write a Letter of Intent - Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for the OR Residency Program with MD Anderson? I want to become an OR nurse, however,all i can think about right now is that I like a change. I remember doing my OR clinics while i was in school and I know i can endure the procedures and standing for a long time. I know by becoming an OR nurse I will be aiding in saving people lives from acute problems to chronic disease. I know i need more to draw the interviewer in.
Please if you have any advice please do share.
Thank you so much and God bless you
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=718874©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 657 Views
- Jun 5, '12 by LorodzHi there! I just had my OR interview with the Nurse Unit Manager. I also had heaps of interviews with other hospitals. They have different types of questions but it all boils down to certain topics such as:
- what are the characteristics of a good team member?
- discuss a situation in your previous job where you showed these qualifications
- How do you deal it with?
- if you are working with a person who is giving you all the stress, what would you do?
3. Occupational Health and Safety
-what is your idea about the said topic
technical questions are rare (such as what suture is used in tying a fascia, what do you mean by Bilateral antrostomies, sinus toilette and left aural toilette etc.)
Most questions are situational
I was asked, during a surgical procedure while the surgeon is closing a body cavity. You have done your count and realized that there is a missing item. You and your scout has thoroughly searched for this item, but you were unable to locate it. What would you do?
well thats it. I wish you all the best! good luck and let us know!