UMHB Fall 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 17 by tunasalad06Hi Ariel! My name's Tina. I've applied to Texas State and Collin College and UMHB, not many schools :P
But YES, the schools in Dallas are sooooo competitive because of the high volume of applicants!
I will be in Belton on the 24th for orientation, I'm going to look at apartments and stuff too. I'm most likely going to need to find a roommate or something because of my budget!
- Apr 17 by Jess0485Hi, my name is Jessica and I also start at UMHB in Fall of 2013! So excited!
- Apr 17 by acadenaHi Tina. I applied to TWU and Collin. It's crazy how many people apply!
- Apr 17 by Stran07I applied to Texas State, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, UT Health Science Center at Houston, UTMB Galveston, and UMHB. Luckily I heard back from Mary Hardin Baylor which was one of my top choices already because of the great things I heard. Excited for us to begin the next chapter of our lives!
- Apr 18 by tunasalad06Nice to meet you, Jessica! I'm looking forward to meeting you guys on the 24th! I will be in Belton allllll day. I'm also getting my mac checked by the IT department to see if it meets the requirements for computers.
Ariel: CCCC is WEIRD, they look for very specific requirements. One of my professors told me that they also take into consideration if you've taken all of your classes at their school, in other words, if you've invested more into their school.
- Apr 18 by acadenaTina it is really wiered! I heard the same things too! And that psb was a very strange test! I did not like it at all
- Apr 21 by tunasalad06@acadena
I actually did really well on the PSB, but still didn't get inLast edit by tunasalad06 on Apr 21 : Reason: wrong reply
- Apr 24 by tunasalad06I just looked at apartments today. I'm trying to decide if living off campus or on campus is a good idea.
- Apr 24 by Stran07Do you know the approximate price of living on campus? and are they dorms or apartments?
- Apr 24 by tunasalad06This is for if you are living on campus, in the apartments. (You can't stay in the dorms if you are over 21, I believe)
1 bedroom / 1 bath (Shared BR) $ 2,275 Independence Village Apartments
2 bedroom / 1 bath (Private BR) $ 3,320
2 bedroom / 2 bath (Shared BR) $ 2,490
2 bedroom / 2 bath (Private BR/BA) $ 3,520
3 bedroom / 3 bath (Private BR/BA) $ 3,320
4 bedroom / 4 bath (Private BR/BA) $ 3,140
I will be putting a deposit down to hold an apartment. I found out today, that the availability will be very little and there is already a waiting list. I will be putting it down for Turtle Creek since it is closer to the school, cheapest option, and it is a safer neighborhood (other complexes are income based and are not as safe).Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Apr 25 : Reason: ToS/solicitation removed