kaplan nursing entrance exam - page 11
has anyone taken the kaplan nursing entrance exam? i previously took the net, and applied to the nursing program at baker for entrance into the program for the fall. unfortunately, i did not make the cut. i now have to take the... Read More
- 0Group is made "Baker College Flint Nursing Fall 2011". Anyone else who wants to join feel free Can't wait to get to know/meet everyone!! Only a couple more weeks until orientation. I made the group closed so only those of us in the Fall 2011 class can see posts, that way we can feel free to say whatever we want and not worry about administration or whomever else to seeing it
- 0Aug 6, '11 by jshu123Quote from ShannonMFerrisI got my acceptance letter to Baker Flint last weekend also!! Yah!! And CONGRATS everyone I'm thinking about starting a facebook group....maybe "Baker College Flint Nursing Fall 2011". Would anyone be interested? That way we can get to know each other a little bit
I haven't really gotten into the whole facebook thing yet. It just seems like there's always something else to do with school and kids. I know I need to get with it though. So count me in!!!
- 0Aug 7, '11 by BrittneyLynnHi there, I haven't had time to scroll down through all the posts, but I see you were asking the SAME questions that I have regarding the Kaplan test. Can I ask you how you felt about the test after you took it? Any new advice you can offer me before I take it? I have not yet taken either A&P or Micro as of yet and I am really freaking out. I called the school to find out more specifics about the RN evening program they offer and the admissions rep told me they had one spot left to sit and take the Kaplan. I literally had only a 4 day notice! I am SO nervous because I feel like this test really determines if I will make it in the program or not and I want this so badly! If I get accepted I will begin this January!!! What advice can you offer me for what to study? I currently have a 3.7 GPA with 31 credits so far. I'm an over all good student, but do struggle with math... a lot!!! Algebra is by far the worst for me to comprehend. Was there a lot of algebra questions?? EX: 5m+8=3(m+4) Should I focus more on math or science section do you think? I believe I will do fine with the reading and writing portion, but the math and science has my brain scattered and nerves tattered! The rep told me that they don't focus so much on the science score as they do the math and reading.. Thanks for any help!!!!
- 0Aug 11, '11 by BrittneyLynnSo I have a 3.7 GPA and I scored a 74% on the Kaplan nurse entrance exam. This test was hard, but not quite as difficult as I had expected. I was very nervous for the math, but overall the math was not so bad. Lots of decimals, fractions, percentages, and a few dosage and calculation questions. The reading I found to be most difficult. I do very well with any english class I take, but the reading section was confusing to me. I understood what I was reading, but the answers I had to choose from were so closely related that I had difficult deciding what was the BEST answer. Overall, I was satisfied with my score. I have to wait until October to find out if I am accepted in to the nursing program. There were over 100 applicants and they are accepting only 15 students!!!!
- 0Sep 23, '11 by mLinderI am trying to find a good study guide for the Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam. So far I have only found this: http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-Nursing...6807340&sr=8-2 which was not very highly rated and when it lists tests that it prepares you for it doesn't even mention the Kaplan test (even though it's a Kaplan book). What did you all use to prepare? Any suggestions / advise besides just reviewing A&P stuff (I've been doing that)? If you could provide a link to a specific resource, that would be awesome. Thanks!
- 0Sep 23, '11 by BrittneyLynnHonestly, I have heard nothing but negative comments regarding the Kaplan Study guide book. Most say it is MUCH more difficult then the actual Kaplan exam and was a waste of their time. I only had about 4-5 days notice before sitting for the exam, but I used "National League For Nursing Review Guide For RN Pre-Entrance Exam- Third Edition" (Comes with CD Rom for interactive quizzes that you can take as well!) ISBN: 978-0-7637-6271-1 That was actually very helpful and very similar (I thought) to the Kaplan exam! I would highly recommend that to anyone sitting for the entrance exam. Hope that helps and best of luck to you!!!!!