I have to make a decision on where I want to go to school. I brought my list of school's down to West Virginia University and Penn State University. I have made a comparison chart for the two and they are completely even! I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any insite to either of these schools? Thank you so much!
Apr 27, '13
Only you can decide what's best for you.
I'm not familiar with each school, sorry. But some general factors to consider (though I'm sure you've considered most of them already):
1. Accreditation? If it's not accredited by either NLNAC or CCNE, you don't want to go.
2. NCLEX pass rates?
3. Graduation rate? Yes, it's common to lose students during the program but a great loss could be a red flag.
4. Relocation? I'm not too familiar with PA/WV geography, but it doesn't sound like these schools are down the block from each other. Or how far they are from YOU.
5. Cost and financial aid (if any) of each?
6. Each school's reputation?
7. Each school's reputation when it comes to employers?
Best of luck whatever you decide.