Drexel ACE Fall 2012 - page 4
Hey guys... Just checking to see if any of you have applied for Drexel's ACE program for the Fall of 2012. I applied this past summer, and I know that they just began looking at applications October 15th! Has anyone... Read More
- 0Nov 24, '11 by katiew320Hi everyone. I applied to the Fall 2012 ace nursing program in mid-September and am currently a Drexel student in the pathway to health professions program. I have also not heard anything from admissions besides the notification on Discover Drexel "Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University." I emailed admissions earlier this week to check the status of my application and received an email back saying "Your application to the ACE Nursing program is complete. Decisions for this program will be sent out in either late November or early December." So I guess it is just a waiting game for now.
- 0Dec 1, '11 by s814PublicHealth I listened to the information session last night and they didn't say anything about decisions but during the question and answer portion when people asked they said they couldn't give exact dates but should be 4-6 weeks from when you apply. Im assuming that it's been more than 6 weeks for most of us, so hopefully decisions will be made soon!!
- 0Dec 5, '11 by CM89I was rejected! Hopefully this will give you guys a better timeline...
I received the email that my application was complete on August 10th.
I received an email that a decision has been made and to view discover drexel portal Nov 30th.
The letter in the mail was dated November 29th and I received it Dec 2nd.
I had a 3.51 cumulative GPA in Psychology with all prerequisites complete, and factored into that GPA. (I took all prereq's simultaneously with getting my Psych degree) However, I won't finish my degree until May, I have 3 or 4 more classes that I am taking in the spring - that's the only problem I can think of (even though they said this was fine when I was applying), or a GPA of 3.5 just isn't good enough. It's pretty annoying that I know nursing is what i want to do and everyone says it's "in such high demand" yet every person I know is struggling to get into a program.
The letter gives no explanation and says " after careful consideration of your application, the admissions committee has determined that we are unable to offer you admission" .. call so and so if you have questions..
Good luck to the rest of you!
- 0Dec 5, '11 by LS118CM89- this is crazy that this happened. If I were you I would definitely call the admissions department and ask for what happened/ If they can give you an explanation. Maybe it was a mistake? If I were you I would call just to make sure!!! Best of luck to you! I still have not heard.
- 0Dec 5, '11 by CM89I'll probably call sometime later in the week to see if I can get a better explanation. I really don't like the fact that they don't interview/ask for recommendations or reasons/or basically know anything about their applicants besides their grades. At least personally I'd rather have a doctor or nurse who is compassionate, loves what they do, and is a fun-loving person with a 3.5 rather than one who can pull a 4.0 but has zero people skills.. and their program doesn't account for that.
I don't remember the actual prereq combined GPA but I had A's in both english's, A's in both psychs, and an A in nutrition and chem lab. A- in micro. B+ in chem, in ethics, B in public speaking, B in sociology. I had a C in anatomy 1, and a B- in anatomy 2 (which I saw as the only downfall of my application BUT it was during those semesters when I was diagnosed with chronic itp, look it up future nurses!, and had my spleen removed.. which of course they are unaware of, and would have re-taken them if necessary)
Did you guys apply anywhere else? I'm waiting to hear from West Chester - I go there now but it's not looking good - They're taking ~60 of us and received 1,400 requests for applications. But at least they interview!
- 0Dec 5, '11 by tootsie2184CM89 I go to WCU too! and after that information session for the advanced 2 BSN I was so discouraged. I took the TEAS and didnt score high enough to even get a freaking application! So I totally understand where you are coming from. They seriously need to take into consideration what kind of person you are, not just academically. Ive applied as an internal transfer at WCU because that's the only way I would get into their program. Ugh, we'll see. This is bullsh*t!!!