Columbia BSN/MSN ETP 2014Register Today!
- by WavyGravy Aug 16I was surprised that there didn't seem to be a thread for this year's applicants to Columbia's ETP program. So I thought I would start one. The information session was today, but I wasn't able to go. I was hoping someone else went and would be able to post any admission statistics or tips for the personal statement they gave.
- Aug 19 by abbyquinnHi Wavy Gravy, I am also applying for the ETP program for 2014. I've read past comments and threads which offered a lot of personal experience up until some of the applicants were selected. Have you tried applying yet? On the FAQS, they stated that the application would be up on Aug. 15th. I have checked everyday from the 15th but I get an error message. Have you had any luck?
- Aug 19 by susifenThanks for starting this thread! I keep getting an error message too. I've tried adding myself to the prospect listserve by emailing the address on the website, but I haven't gotten a response yet =/
- Aug 21 by sweet03nesyHey guys!
I'm also applying for the program. I think since this is the first time the entire application process will be online, they want it to go as smoothly as possible. So right now they only posted pre-application instructions, so everyone interested gets ready and has everything in hand, without last minute surprises. We'll all continue to check each day lol but if anyone hears anything, please pass it along. Anyway, good luck guys! Hopefully, we all get to know each other better by the time CUSON starts mailing us "yays or nays". xoxox KIT
- Aug 22 by meweiHi everyone!
I will also be applying to the program this fall, I'm hoping to get into the nurse anesthesia specialty! I haven't had any luck with the application either, just checked a couple hours ago. What other programs are you guys applying to? I hope we can get to know each other over the next few months!
- Aug 27 by aiwishHi everyone!
I am applying for the FNP specialty this Fall. I am very anxious to begin the application process! Does anyone have insight on the online letters of recommendation process? It has been eons since I have had to ask for letters of recs, and last time it was the traditional paper format.
@mewei - I am hoping to apply to Hopkins, Pace, Duke and a school in California (not quite sure where yet.) Admittedly, my record is not perfect, but a girl can dream! I too hope we will all get to know each other throughout this process! Where are you planning on applying to?
- Aug 27 by sweet03nesyHey girl!
About the online-LOR process, at an open house we were informed that (once the application opens) we need to upload the business contact information (name, email, address, phone...etc) of our 3 potential recommenders. CUSON then directly emails them a link & instructions. They will be able to submit the LOR right on the website, which I believe is more of a form than an actual letter. However, since the system is new, no one can know for sure how it will be. What you should do, is start looking for your people and getting their contact info. Let them know CUSON will be contacting them shortly! hope that helps.
- Aug 30 by mewei@aiwish - I am applying to UPenn's direct entry program as well, and then just the ABSN programs at Johns Hopkins, Duke, Oregon Health and Science, and potentially a few others as well.
Good luck everyone!