University of Oklahoma ABSN Summer 2012
- 0Oct 12, '11 by CC10479Hello! I don't know how many of you are turning in your applications for the summer 2012 OU ABSN program, but I found a helpful page on OU's website which contains a schedule for this year's ABSN students. It might be good to check it out in order to get a better understanding of an ABSN student's schedule--I found it extremely helpful. Best of luck to everyone applying this year!
- 16,197 Visits
- 0Jan 26, '12 by OUabsn12Thanks for posting the link to that schedule, CC10479! I am also applying to the OUHSC ABSN program for summer 2012. I just noticed that the Orientation page has been updated for it and wanted to post it in case anyone was curious about the dates (if we get accepted) for orientation, first day of classes, etc like I was. Right now it says that the tentative start date is June 1st, but that is a Friday; so I'm curious as to whether they will actually have it start that day or wait until Monday, the 4th, so we don't start class and then go straight to the weekend. Here's the link to that page:
The University of Oklahoma College of Nursing - Current Students - Orientation
I was also wondering if anyone has talked to the nursing school office to see where they are at in the admissions decisions process or when letters might be going out?
- 0Jan 28, '12 by CC10479Thanks for posting the link to the schedule! I hope this means the acceptance/denial letters will soon follow. I called the office yesterday to ask when they estimate they'll be sending the letters, but no one answered. Did you hear anything new? Based on the application process last year, acceptance letters were received in late February. However, I know the office was out last year for about two weeks because of snow so hopefully that means the letters will come sooner.
- 0Jan 28, '12 by OUabsn12Hopefully so! I have not heard anything; but I did apply last year and our letters didn't come until late February, but like you said they were pushed back because of the crazy snow storm closing campus for so long. However, I have checked back on previous years application processes on these boards and it sounds like they got their letters closer to the middle of February, which is also when the nursing advisor said to expect them when I met with her in December. She also said to feel free to call once it got to late January and they would give you any information that they had, other than your actual acceptance or denial; so I am thinking I will probably call sometime this week if I get the chance.
I am starting to get really anxious, espcially since this is my second time around; but I am hoping for better results this time. Last year I was still taking pre-reqs in the spring and when I called they told me that was why I was not accepted, so now that I am completely done I am thinking I should be fine, but of course you never know! Good luck to you, and I will post on here if I hear any updates on the letters.
- 0Feb 12, '12 by CC10479Surprisingly I'm not as nervous this year as I was last year...I think it's because I have all of the pre-req's finished and I'm applying as an in-state resident. There's really not much more I can do to make my application look any better...we'll see how long this state of mind lasts. :-)
Not sure if it will hold true this year, but last year, those of us who were denied admissions to the program noticed that on our online application page where it lists the programs we've applied to, the accelerated program was no longer listed. I was wait-listed for the traditional program and it stayed on my application profile. Hopefully they will be true to their word and send out the letters in the next week or so. Did you also apply to OCCC?
- 0Feb 22, '12 by OUabsn12I called today and asked whether admissions decisions had been made and when letters might be sent out. All they told me was that letters had not been sent out yet and it would probably be the beginning of March... I'm not sure if that meant sent out at the beginning of March or recieved then, but regardless that is much later than it has been in previous years. I don't understand what the hold up is, but all of this extra waiting is just making me more anxious.