Oklahoma City University accelerated BSN acceptance?
- 0Sep 7, '11 by veebeeGHi! I just got my letter of acceptance from Oklahoma City University ! I will be starting the accelerated BSN program in January 2012, and I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me? It would be great to meet or interact anyone in the same program as me before we get started! Also, if anyone has already completed their BSN at Oklahoma City University, how was it? did you enjoy it?
- 9,933 Visits
- 0Oct 12, '11 by veebeeGHi susanyy ! It's nice to finally hear of someone else getting into OCU. Yes, I will be relocating to Oklahoma from Toronto, Canada! Let me know if you would like to chat - it would be great to get to know someone in the same program before it actually starts ! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can add me on facebook!
- 0Dec 1, '11 by mrsbrowne33Quote from OkcuSimy-
Tuition Cost: 15,300 per semester times 4 = $61,200
The first semester expense on textbook books ~$ 500 or a little more if purchased from the universities bookstore.
I am a current student here and highly do not recommend! You have been WARNED!
Okcu you, may I ask why you dont recommend? Is is because of the price or are there other reasons? I'm just asking because I am moving to Ok next month from California & I'm desperate to get into a program so I'm just looking for a little insight.
- 0Dec 1, '11 by OkcuQuote from mrsbrowne33I was in the same as you, desperate to get into any nursing program regardless of price ( know that I can pay it off once I graduate). My reason for not recommending the program are :Okcu you, may I ask why you dont recommend? Is is because of the price or are there other reasons? I'm just asking because I am moving to Ok next month from California & I'm desperate to get into a program so I'm just looking for a little insight.
1) Incompetence of the majority of Professors. I will give you a few examples:
- I had one professor ( teaches Adult Health) who I had clinical with, the nurse I was following that day was extremely busy, she knew that I really wanted to put an IV on a patient and suggest that I call my professor to teach me how to do it. I called my professor and she came and told me that she does not remember how to do it, telling me it's been too long since she's done it.
2) Powerpoints are not written by them, they pull it out from somewhere else. They read from the powerpoint during lectures and when questions are asked, they are unable to answer! Patho & Physiology is taught in class only!!! We do not learn what will the nurse do.
Last semester for Adult Health the class average was in the 60s for all test. They had to drop many questions so the majority of the class will pass with at least a 75.
There are some professors who knows there material, unfortunately they are all leaving or had already left. The turnover rate for Professors are high!
I do not want to discourage you since you have already decided to attend, just want to give you a headsup of what's ahead. Just make sure you get ready for the brutal studying!
For others: BEFORE APPLYING, GO TO THE SCHOOL, TALK TO THE STUDENTS!!! THEY WILL GIVE THEIR HONEST FEEDBACK! THE FACULTY WILL TELL YOU LIES!Last edit by Okcu on Dec 1, '11
- 0Dec 2, '11 by mrsbrowne33@okcu thank you soo much for the feedback. I havent decided whether to apply or not but I will definitely consider your feedback. I would hate to have to go through soo much to get into school just to struggle to finish. Are there any other programs in oklahoma that you would suggest I look into?