help choosing Tulsa nursing programRegister Today!
- by April32 Jun 10, '11im looking into different schools in tulsa, ok and can not decide which one to go with. i originally was very interested in platt college because it seemed like it would be the right fit for me. i was looking for something that i could do full time and finish in the shortest amount of time and start working. my husband is deployed for a year and i have 2 kids so now felt like the perfect time to go. but after reading the reviews, im not sure anymore. most of the are negative,saying not to go there. but it seems like they a few years old so is it all still true? also i was worried about it not being accredited because i want to end up working in either pediatrics, neonatal, nicu.
i am very excited to start back in to school but i am new to this and want to make the right decision. any information or help would be very appreciated. if you dont recommend platt, will someone please recommend some other good programs in tulsa to look into? i have heard tcc ALOT and tulsa tech. Thank you so much!
- Jun 10, '11 by Samantha79What are you hoping to achieve? An LPN? RN? Going to an accredited school is very important. I am also a military wife with a deployed husband and two kids. If you are wanting to work in specialty care units like NICU you are going to need your RN, and most likely your BSN, which you will only be able to get from a 4 year university.
- Jun 10, '11 by April32Yes I'm wanting to eventually probably get my BSN.
Do you kno any good schools here in Tulsa?
- Jun 11, '11 by Samantha79If that is your goal then you should probably go straight for your RN and skip LPN. There are several good schools in the Tulsa area. It just depends on what you can afford, what classes you have already taken, and where you think you will be accepted. Here is a list:
University of Tulsa
Oral Roberts University
OU - Tulsa
Langston University - Tulsa
Oklahoma Wesleyan - Bartlesville
Rogers State University - Claremore
Tulsa Community College
All of these schools have information on their websites regarding the programs.
I would avoid Platt. They are a fairly new program with a VERY low NCLEX pass rate. Tulsa Tech does not offer an RN program.
You can go to this website for a list of all the schools and their NCLEX pass rate http://www.ok.gov/nursing/nclexpass1.pdf
- Jun 14, '11 by April32okay thank you so much for your help!