Mount St. Joseph in CincinnatiRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati in Ohio Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Does anyone know anything about the direct entry masters program at Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati?...by 2bgypsynurse2010 Aug 17, '09Does anyone know anything about the direct entry masters program at Mount St. Joseph in Cincinnati? I have been accepted for the class of May 2010 but have not seen any recent threads on here about this school. If anyone knows about it, or has been admitted for the next class, let me know! If anyone is looking for a school to go to next year, this school has rolling admissions and still has spots available for next May. Its for people who already have a bachelors degree and its only 15 months long.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=416553©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,044 Views
- Aug 22, '09 by oreo84I actually just graduated this month from the MN program at MSJ. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have. It was a lot of work, but I liked the program overall. Feel free to message back or email me! Good luck:wink2:
- Aug 23, '09 by 2bgypsynurse2010Oreo--
Can you email me? I don't know how to send private messages on here. I do want to ask some questions when you have time. email@example.com
- Sep 20, '09 by LayMarieI know I'm a little late....but I'm currently in the MSJ MN program. Oreo, can you give me some insight of what to expect? The first semester seemed like torture, but we got through it. How does the rest of the program go? I feel like this semester is a lot better. Is that true for the remainder of the program?
- Sep 20, '09 by 2bgypsynurse2010I talked to the girl with the screen name Oreo and she told me it gets much better after the first semester. Hopefully she will see this and write you back. Good luck with the rest of the program. I am looking forward to it, but I know it will be really hard. Most things worth it are!
- Sep 21, '09 by oreo84@ LayMarie
The program and schedule got MUCH easier after the 1st summer semester. I'm not sure what your schedule is now, but last fall we had classes 2 days per week and clinical 1-2 days per week (Med Surg or Med Surg and Mental Health) depending on the week. They seemed to do a good job making sure that we didn't have more than 1 exam per week (unlike in the summer when it seemed as if we had an exam every day!). The Spring Semester's schedule was very similar to fall. The last summer semester was 6 weeks of classes followed by 6 weeks of preceptorship.
I really do think that the Mount prepared me for the NCLEX though so that should be a motivator for you. I passed NCLEX 9/9 and am in the process of trying to find a job. I think there has been 5-6 of us so far who have taken it and as far as I know everyone has passed so far.
Good luck! If you think of any questions feel free to email me whenever! firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 29, '12 by bananaducksHey guys!I know that this is an older post but I was hoping some of the current or old msj students would be able to help me. I I just applied to the summer 2013 magelin (formerly mn) program and I was wondering two things. 1) when did you guys get your admissions decisions? The website only details it as "rolling admission" and I'm really nervous/excited.2) I do want to ultimately become an NP. I know that this program is for RN licensure. Do you current students recommend MSJ as a good stepping stone?
- Jun 19, '12 by kiaragHello Bananaducks,
i have just started the Magelin program this May! So far its great! and You should be hearing back from them soon if not already! I do recommend this program! :spin:
- Jun 25, '12 by babyroweHi Kiarag,
I was told that my completed application packet was sent to the department of Nursing for review on June 20th. The academic advisor that I met with personally sounded encouraging that I'd get an interview, but I haven't heard anything. I'm getting discouraged with every passing day.
After you submitted your application materials, how long did it take to get an interview?? Who did you interview with? Any interview advise?
I'm applying for May or August 2013.
- Jun 25, '12 by babyroweHello Bananaducks,
Did you hear back from MSJ yet? If not, good luck! I'm waiting to hear if I got an interview or not. How long did it take for you to get an interview once you submitted your paperwork?
I still have 3 pre-reqs to complete but they said they'd accept me while I'm taking them.
If you've had the interview, any advise? Who did you interview with?