OHN job duties
- 0Apr 22, '10 by amanda1905Hi all,
I am a nursing student, and I did not know that occupational health nursing even existed until I found this page!! I struggled with deciding between nursing and occupational therapist - can someone please describe the job duties of of OHN nurse?
Thanks so much!
- 6,097 Visits
- 0Apr 23, '10 by JerseyLillyHi Amanda,
Check out this website for the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses:
Also, check out your individual state association of occupational health nurses. There should be some info on both sites for this specialty area and check out the job descriptions if there are any job postings. OHN duties are so varied according to venue, type, and educational preparation. Hope this helps! Much success in your nursing career.
- 0Apr 23, '10 by JerseyLillyAlso, this link........
- 0Jun 28, '10 by katkonkThe very best way to find out what an Occ. Health nurse does is to go to monster.com or careerbuilder.com and search under occupational health nurse. Look at the job ads...many of them, and you will get all the info you need as to what OHN does. If you see terms that you do not understand, look them up.
- 0Feb 25, '12 by katkonkI'm sorry, but the question doesn't seem to make sense. What are you asking?
Also, there is no number of employees that "require" an occupational health nurse.
It is not a requirement for business to operate. It the management's decision whether
they want to dedicate funds to have a nurse onsite.