I need help with newborn Kcal calculation ASAP!!!
- 0i need help with how to calculate how many kcalories newborns need.
if a baby is 7 lb 8 oz and if a newborn need 120 kcalories per day, and 40 to 60 ml of fluid everyday
1) how many kcalories does this baby need? what i'm confused about is how do i change oz to kg?
2) how many ml of fluid does this newborn need?
3) if baby can lose 10% of weight in the first 10 days, how much weight can this baby weight?
please please help me!! i'm really desperate. i have a test on wedsday and i have no clue.
i thought this is the best place to ask question than the student nurse forum since you all are expert in this!!!!
- 5,158 Visits
- 0The baby weighs 7.5 lbs. Convert to kg by dividing 7.5 by 2.2 (1 kg = 2.2 lbs) I assume the calorie requirement of 120 is per kg? if so
7.5/2.2 x120 = Kcal requirement
7.5/2.2 x 40 (or 60) = fluid requirement
After you convert wt from lbs to kg you can do all calculations.Last edit by Myxel67 on Feb 4, '07