Dysfunctional Gastrointestinal motility- the state in which an individual is experiencing increased, decreased, ineffective or lack of peristaltic activity within the gastrointestinal system.
Related to: decreased peristaltic activity
As Evidenced By: cramping, bloating, hypoactive bowel sounds, constipation
Risk for Deficient Fluid Volume- at risk for experience vascular, cellular, or intracellular dehydration
Related to: deficient knowledge related to fluid volume
As Evidenced By: patient's intake of 4 cans of pop per day and 4-5 cups of coffee per day and no water intake.
* Patient's elimination pattern will return to normal
* Patient will experience bowl movement every 2 days
* Patient will consume high-fiber or high-bulk diet
* Patient will maintain oral fluid intake of 2,500 ml daily
* Patient will list foods needed to prevent recurrence of problem, such as fruit, fruit juices, whole grain bread, and cereals
I need to come up with the planning part but Im unsure how to go about this or what the planning phase should be like or what to do for planning for this diagnosis. Any help?
Nov 6, '12
I thought the construction of a nursing care plan WAS the planning stage...