I am in need of several brave souls who would like to answer interview questions. There are 12 total, please remember these were assigned to me, I did not write them. Some of the questions and requests may seem redundant, you won't need to answer all 12, only those that apply to you/your specialty. I'm looking for a clinical administrator, APN, certified-nurse midwife, CRNA, staff nurse, clinical nurse specialist, and a research nurse. I thank you all in advance for your time, thoughts, and support.
- In solving patient care problems, discuss how you utilize and value the knowledge of other disciplines. What team members are you most often engaged with, and what is the unique expertise of each?
- In demonstrating appropriate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with interprofessional teams, describe how you accomplish this.
- How do you see care (patient) applied within your particular nursing practice situation?
- Describe the roles of different nurses in promoting safe and quality outcomes of care for diverse populations.
- Describe how you apply quality improvemnt processes to implement patient safety initiatives and monitor outcomes. How are nurse-sensitive indicators monitored in your institution?
- Describe how nurses facilitate patient-centered care in you institution and practice. How are patient-centered care and advocacy similar to and different from each other?
- Describe a situation in your practice in which you could see that the principles of ethics, professional nursing standards, altruism, and human dignity affected your nursing practice or a specific outcome.
- Describe a patient care initiative in you r organization that improved outcomes and enhanced cost effectiveness in care delivery.
- Describe how nursing research has improved or changed a particular aspect of patient care in your institution. How is the research project different from quality improvement activities?
- Describe how information technology and patient data are used in your institution for ethical, effective clinical decision making and how patient confidentiality is protected.
- Describe a particular situation in whic you have been involved with roles and responaibilities of a major healthcare regulatory agency that affected patient care quality, workplace safety, healthcare reimbursement, or the scope of nursing practice.
- Compare nursing practice roles for the registered nurse, clinical nurse leader, advanced practice, registered nurse, and clinical nurse specialist in your clinical setting. Describe specific differences in their duties, knowledge, and abilities.
Thank you again, I hope to pay this forward for other nurses as well.