staff ratiosRegister Today!
- by booboo Oct 11, '02Does anyone have first-hand experience with legislated nurse-patient staffing ratios?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=24030©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 957 Views
- Oct 12, '02 by YoudaI would have no way to keep track of any state legislation. But, the Congress mandated a study in an attempt to improve staffing in LTC. The effort has been shot-down and stalled. If you'd like to read the study, check here:
- Oct 13, '02 by boobooIt has been passed in CA. About 5-7 other states are in the planning/legislative process. I'm distantly involved in the process here in FLA. I was hoping for some feedback on how it is working in CA as I'm putting my job on the line for it!!
- Oct 13, '02 by boobooNote to editing board at this site: I posted it on this thread in error. Is it possible to move it to a more appropriate site - or can I just resubmit it in another thread? Thanks!!
- Oct 15, '02 by eddyThe board of nursing in my state has been trying to develop a logical solution to this for quite some time. The trick is basing it on acuity not just numbers. The "how" is the lingering problem. Since this is a situation that, depending on unit/location/environment can vary literally by the minute, it is tough to even regulate such a thing.
It is an important step in the right direction, but unless some kind of incredible system is put into place I see it as nearly impossible to measure and even harder to enforce.
Just my 2 cents.