i have been working in the er for a little over two years now and have obtained my rn-bsn in the process. the current er case manager will be leaving at the end of july, and i am very much interested in her job. i have met with the case management director and expressed my interest in the job. she is very much intersted in me but still has to post the job for others to see. so, in the mean time i am developing my resume to turn in along with my transfer request. will someone please look over it? any comments would be greatly appreciated! also, should i include a cover letter? i have been talking with the director for the last 2-3 weeks but i still have to interview with the whole case management team. any advice? thanks in advance!!!!!
-heather (resume below)
to obtain a position as an emergency room case manager where acquired skills and education will be utilized towards continued growth and advancement
bachelor science in nursing
- texas tech university health sciences center, lubbock, tx
- 3.9/4.0 gpa, highest honors, summa cum laude
associate degree nursing
- mclennan community college, waco tx
- 3.8/4.0 gpa, presidential scholar, high honors, dean's list
summary of qualifications
- effective verbal and written communication skills
- superb ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- ability to adhere to professional standards while working with patients and interdisciplinary team
- outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- strong time management skills and computer literacy, meditech skills included
- excellent organization, analytical, and planning skills
- ability to easily adapt to new concepts and systems
- basic cardiac life support (bcls) / stroke certification
- advanced cardiac life support (acls) / pediatric advanced life support (pals)
- trauma nursing core course (tncc) /emergency nursing pediatric course (enpc)
hillcrest health systems, waco, tx
emergency room registered nurse (may 2009 - present)
- provide emergency medical care for a 42 bed level ii trauma center with 4 critical care/trauma rooms.
- quality emergency medical care to patients requiring emergency treatment in accordance with physician orders, hospital policy, and standard nursing practice.
- perform patient assessment and nursing diagnosis while managing the planning and implementation of interventions.
- coordinate patient referrals and discharge planning activities.
- responsible for assessing and prioritizing a wide variety of patients including pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics
- responsible for admission, assessment, intervention care and evaluation of patients and undertaking any orders prescribed by doctors
nurse tech (december 2007-may 2009)
- gained experience in multiple clinical areas while performing documentation under the supervision of an rn
- obtained academic experience in healthcare while giving direct patient care under the supervision of an rn
- utilized the nursing process while reporting any change in patient status
- cared for neonates, infants, pediatrics, adults, and geriatric
available upon request
396 xxxxx yyyy, tx 11111
heather m. blount, bsn, rn