Opinions please, am I too old?? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 17, '03 by GARYLPNI started college from scratch at 47, am now going on 51 with my LPN license and will be starting 3rd semester nursing to hopefully get my RN by next spring.
I also went into first semester nursing when I was 47 with a woman who was 53..........you're not too old..........!!!
- Jul 17, '03 by GraceyBGO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! If you really want to do this, I think you should. Don't use age as an excuse for anything. Go for it, go for it, go for it.
If you have any physical problems, then that may put a little damper on things such as late night studying and being your on feet during practice and clinicals. Only you know how far you can push your body.
- Jul 17, '03 by 4loveoflifeDo it Sprklplnty...and don't ever look back!!
- Jul 17, '03 by PennyNickelDime_RNThanks to all for your encouragement! I'm going to move ahead full throttle.
- Jul 17, '03 by maureenothe average age of nurses
at my job
I am in my fifties
working at the bedside
I get tired
but stay fit..
I am not certain I could work at pace fulltime..
your BSN will open doors to many options
I'm with those who advise
you pick carefully