Hello all, I had a few questions about the nursing profession.
1. Hours: are they consistent every week, or changing on a week to week basis? For example, are there opportunities to work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 8am-6pm (completely made up days/hour, but you get the picture) or is it all varying from week to week?
2. Vacation time: how much do you have? What should be expected?
3. Government(county) nursing jobs
: how does this work? I recently came across openings with my county (I live in IL) and the starting pay was ~27 hourly. Does this increase with experience? What kind of salary can I expect after say 10 years experience?
4. Salaries: what is the real salary for a nurse?
5. Best industry: what is the best industry to practice for and why?
6. Male nurse: as you know I am a male, will this affect the opportunities I have for a career? Will I be discriminated? How will other people look at me in the medical professions?