Questions about moving to and working in Australia
- 0Jun 9, '12 by trutuyuHello All,
I am a new grad nurse from California who wants to possibly move to and work in Australia or New Zeland. But I don't have any idea how to even begin looking into it. Can someone answer some questions.
1) Will hospitals in either country hire a new grad from the U.S.
2) Where do I look for visa information?
3) What questions should I be asking?
Thank you for any of your time in advance.
- 0Jun 14, '12 by MuppetAusI would recommend a few years experience to really secure work and if possible specialise in an area. You need to make yourself desireable compared to other job seekers. At the end of the year there will be a massive amount of nurses who have just qualified looking for work so avoid December - March.
APHRA will give you all the information you need about the registration process.
To be honest I think you will find it difficult to find work with such limited experience. Good luck