Motivating the Nurse in All of Us - Page 5Register Today!
- Jul 20, '12 by Pat2012The Man in the Glass
When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And the world makes you king for a day,
Just go to a mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that man has to say.
For it isn't your father or mother or wife,
Who judgment upon you must pass;
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life,
Is the one starring back from the glass.
He's the fellow to please, never mind all the rest.
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed the most dangerous, difficult test
If the man in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years.
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be the heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the man in the glass.
Dale Wimbrow (c) 19341895-1954
- Jul 20, '12 by GrnTea" the quality of mercy is not strain'd,
it droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
upon the place beneath. it is twice blest:
it blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
the merchant of venice act 4, scene 1, 180–187
i think of it often. it reminds me to have "mercy" for my own frailties as i attempt to dig deep and delay the impending freak-out for a while. "
i saw that used in an essay in a case management magazine a few years ago.
as for my favorite, it goes along with the other maritime-themed bits ("ships were not made to stay in port") and is my family's favorite aphorism:
"if you're not making waves you're not moving forward."
- Sep 14, '12 by Joe VThe greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one. - Elbert Hubbard
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? - Vincent van Gogh
Failure teaches success. - Japanese Saying
One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again. - Henry Ford
- Sep 21, '12 by amygarsideLove the quote. I don't know why but of all the brand commercials, NIke commercials are the ones that really motivate to work harder.
- Oct 2, '12 by rosi1009I love it, too! Thank you for this!
- Oct 31, '12 by SinmanThree things will last forever- faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” - Audrey Hepburn
- Nov 1, '12 by jadedzombienurse" ...Run for the hills, Run for your lives...." - Iron Maiden
- Nov 3, '12 by Do-overI've got so many.
I love love love the line from A League of Their Own - "the hard is what makes it great"
Personal favorite? --
I thought I could change the world. It took me a hundred years to figure out I can't change the world. I can only change Bessie. And honey, that ain't easy either.
Annie Elizabeth (Bessie) Delany, 1891-1995
From Isaiah --
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.