Seeking NP mentor in the bay areaRegister Today!
- by nurse_in_me Oct 3, '12I am new in town and also a new NP. I am in desperate need for NP mentor in the area. Please send me a PM. I need to talk. I really appreciate it.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=790242©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 466 Views
- ...by Bay Area, are you referring to San Francisco Bay Area? what kind of NP are you and what kind of practice are you interested in?
- Yes. Primarily in San Jose or around. Im an ANP. I just moved from out of state.
- That's 45 miles away so sorry, can't help (just kidding, I'm an ACNP anyway). Try the California Association for Nurse Practitioners.
- Im not yet a member to that. Anyway, please let me know if you know of any jobs for ANPs. Maybe that way you can help.LOL.
- It's a tough market out here. I'm aware of some in-patient NP positions but they do get snatched up right away because there is no shortage of qualified applicants. I'm not keen on primary care openings because that's not my field. As a tip, this area is unlike other metro areas, for example, you can find NP jobs on craigslist more than you would the usual routes. Also, major hospitals post NP openings quite frequently.
- It has been a challenge and it doesn't help being new in town. There aren't a lot of job postings out here and if there are , new grads are not getting it. It is so frustrating to be in this situation after all.