Winston Salem State University - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 10, '08 by cugirl08I am considering applying to WSSU's accelerated program. How difficult is it to gain admission into the program?
Is an interview required? I received an application packet from the program director, but it does not mention this.
- Jul 10, '08 by paacollinsWhen I considered the program a few years ago, an interview was required and admission was quite competitive because they only accept about 45 people each January.
- Apr 15, '09 by nmart123Babynurse07, I was hoping to PM you(when I sent the friend request), but I guess my membership won't allow private messages. I hope you can read this. I am strongly considering the ABSN program at WSSU, but I am so scared of it being so fast that I can't keep up. Please let me know if there are certain requirements or conditions for success. I have a family to think about and that's what unnerves me. I don't know if I'll be able to juggle the two and do well. Thanks for your time!
- Apr 18, '09 by intelligentnewnurseI finished the program in Feb 08. Many people including myself had families. It is hectic but definitely doable. Time management is important. You can do it!!!!
- Aug 25, '09 by TJSbabyI am doing my pre-reqs and will be sending in an application to WSSU ASBN. I see you posted about a year ago. Can you fill me in on your progress? Can you provide any tips for getting accepted into the progran AND getting the contract to work at Baptist. I understand only 30 people get the scholarships and contracts. I really need that.
- Aug 27, '09 by trjohnson0213I am still a student @ WSSU but Im not doing nursing any more bcause its so many students that have been trying to get into the program & havent been able to get in alot of them have been changing their majors or transferring I just talked to a student yesterday and she stated that alot of students are transferring here and they are the ones that are getting accepted I will graduate with a degree in Interdisciplinary studies w/concentration in psychology and I may apply to accelerated or get a masters in something else havent decided yet but I wish you the best of luck dont let what little info I have given you make your decision if this is your dream keep going after it and it will come true I cant give you any info on Baptist bcause I dont know anything about it but give them a call & Im sure someone can help GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Jul 4, '10 by need informationHi, Did you apply to the ABSN program at WSSU? Do you have any advice about getting in?
- Jul 5, '10 by trjohnson0213I didnt apply 2 the BSN program @ WSSU bcause it was jus a little 2 complicated for me what I mean by that is 2 much as far as tha GPA & transfer students coming in so I tried something else & I graduated n May I will b returning 2 get another degree at another university n the fall still health related but do not give up on ur dreams pray & believe that they will come true It may not happen when u want but it will
God Bless & good luck
- Oct 15, '12 by poniesoverpokerJust found out that I got in to the ABSN program at WSSU with clinicals at Baptist/Bowman Gray. Thrilled! Start in January!