UNC & Duke ABSN- Spring 2014Register Today!
- by Rthom09 May 6I am new to the forum and wanted to see if there were any others applying to either UNC or Duke's ABSN program for the Spring 2014 entry?
I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I am a little apprehensive about the tuition at Duke, esp. now since they have done away with the repayment program they once had. On the flip side, I would love to end up at UNC, but know that it is very competitive!
Anyone out there currently in the UNC ABSN program that can speak to the application process/ chances of acceptance?
I am recent graduate (got my B.S. May of '12) with a 3.5/3.6 cum, all A's in pre-reqs except a B in stat and will be taking Micro this summer (but planning on an A!). I also have a lot of volunteer experience in non-clinical settings and clinical (currently work as PT tech, medical mission trip, and ~400 hours in other clinical settings- mostly in PT departments though)
- Jun 22 by sullivandoulaI applied in February. Getting anxious. :[
- Jun 24 by sbrown12I also applied for Duke are we supposed to find out soon if we got an interview or not?? I was thinking of applying to UNC as well, but have not finished the application. Duke tuition prices are scary I agree with you there, but I think the education will be worth it.
- Jun 24 by ldbmooreI hope we find out soon! I found out that the first Duke Day is July 19 so I feel like we will need to know soon to make arrangements to go!
- Jun 24 by IheartcremebruleeQuote from ldbmooreSeems they are keeping their timeline. Last Spring the app was due May 1st so I was worried they would push everything back since this year the app was due June 1st. Reading back over the fall thread they got around 2-3 weeks notice for Duke Days. Notification for acceptance was about a month later than what is quoted on Duke's website.I hope we find out soon! I found out that the first Duke Day is July 19 so I feel like we will need to know soon to make arrangements to go!
- Jun 25 by sbrown12I heard June 25th on an ABSN Webinar, but I have not heard anything since then. I hope you find out today that would be great! I hope it is also good news for everyone!
- Jun 26 by catmI also applied to Duke, but not UNC. Can't sleep not knowing!
- Jun 26 by sbrown12I know I was hoping it was yesterday, but does anyone know when they will let us know? I hope its soon
- Jun 26 by Rthom09@sbrown12 I am not certain, but did give the admissions office a call last week and they said they were planning on notifying us this week, but did not specify further.
Hopefully it will be soon! Good luck to all
- Jun 26 by sbrown12@Rthom09 Thanks so much for the information! I tried contacted admissions guy at Duke and he was on vacation But Good Luck! Let me know if you hear anything else