UNC ABSN Spring 2012 Applicants? - page 3
Just taking a chance to see if there are any other applicants to UNC's Spring 2012 ABSN. There hasn't been a lot of activity on here from UNC applicants, but since we have about a month left I thought we could all get together... Read More
- 0Oct 30, '11 by mymykeeterCnoel, I am not sure what I am ranked and was a little worried I might be pushing if I did ask. I will say however, the director K** was nice enough to talk to me about my application short falls. I learned that the reasons I got put on the wait list was because my first essay was not outstanding like my second one and I made a C in stats. Sorry I can't provide you with more information but I would deft call and ask how you might improve your application next go round.Last edit by VickyRN on Oct 31, '11 : Reason: Please do not put the names of faculty/ staff in posts. Thank you.
- 0Oct 31, '11 by batikthanks mymykeeter - i was afraid to call, didn't want to annoy them so should I just ask to speak with the director, K**? I made a C in stats too. that's what I have been the most worried about. anyway, thanks for the advice and keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.Last edit by VickyRN on Oct 31, '11 : Reason: Please do not put the names of faculty/ staff in posts. Thank you.
- 0Oct 31, '11 by VickyRN Asst. Adminmoderator’s friendly reminder: please do not place the names of faculty or staff in posts. we wish to protect their privacy. allnurses.com is a well-trafficked internet site with tens of thousands of views daily. you can use the private message function (pm) to communicate this information. thank you and carry on j
- 0Oct 31, '11 by mymykeeterCnoel, I would go ahead and call. At the very least you can find out what you can do to improve. The director seemed very open to providing advice. As far as asking what you are ranked, I would base it on how the conversation is going but just be cautious. A quick run down for how I approached the conversation, just in case you might be interested. I stared out by thanking her for her time and how I'm glad to still atleast have a chance. I then followed with my questions. First being my goal is to attend this program, what can I do to improve my chances/make myself a more competitive candidate? Then I finished up with how are people choosen from the waitlist etc. I hope this helps! Goodluck. I know the waiting game is not fun!! Keep me posted.
- 0Oct 31, '11 by batikthanks so much for all the tips! I am definitely going to call to see how I can improve for next time. I wasn't so much thinking about asking for my ranking, as just making sure that I am doing all that I can do for this time or most likely, next time around anyway, thanks so much again!