Post here if accepted to WSSU ABSN - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 18, '11 by MsWufYay! I would love to!
- Oct 18, '11 by pede84Monster41,
Congrats on getting into the program. I am sure we will do well. I see that you are moving from Charlotte. I was thinking about moving there with family and commuting to Winston. Would you not reccommend it? I am also looking at apartments. What would you reccommend in the area of Winston? Have you found anything. Thanks for your help!!!
- Oct 19, '11 by Monster41pede 84,
I was thinking about commuting also, because for me it would be about an hour and a half. But, there are a few problems I want to avoid. Weather is one. I am simply nervous that I will be caught in an ice storm or road closures. Traffic is another issue. Also, from the looks of the schedule we will be in class or clinicals four days a week. For my sanity I would prefer to relax, sleep and study instead of driving 3+ hours a day.
Ms Wuf suggested that Ardmore is close to the hospital and I have had some luck in finding a few decent places. With Wake Forest nearby there are many students in the area looking for rentals or roomies. Nothing concrete yet although I am still deciding whether I want to live alone or with roommates.
If it gets too expensive or I want to see my family I can always come back to Charlotte. Also, it depends on where you live in Charlotte/Charlotte Area. If you live in the northern parts it may only be an hour drive.
- Oct 19, '11 by MsWufPede84,
West End is also close to the hospital. There are also nice areas outside of Winston that won't be as far of a drive as Charlotte. Kernersville, Mocksville, High Point, and Greensboro to name a few. Good luck!
- Oct 19, '11 by Monster41Hey MsWuf, did you get my PM?
- Oct 29, '11 by jecrews83Hello everyone!! So glad we were accepted for the ABSN program at WSSU. I would love to meet up with everyone before we start this long journey in Jan. I have spoke with a girl that is in the program and she said it is hard but can be accomplished. I'm very nervous about the program because I know that it is going to be very faced paced so it would be nice to meet and talk about study groups :-)
I also heard that we will not find out about funding until the end of November which makes it hard because the program is quite expensive. 17,000 and that is including the 500 dollar stipend that you recieve for 12 months.
Oh, I live in Thomasville, NC so I'm pretty local to the area. I lived in WS for 7 years before we moved in May. I have worked for Baptist hospital as a Surgical Technologists in the operating room for 7 years, so I have heard good things about this program. So excited to meet everyone!!!!!
- Oct 30, '11 by bootsie1367Welcome Jecrews83!
For you guys that had your interiew already hold did it go? Mine is tomorrow.
- Oct 30, '11 by jecrews83I think it went well. They just ask you questions about your job experiences and your character. They also asked what your strengths and weakness are which sometimes can be tricky to answer.... I think they are looking for people that are serious about the program and willing to do whatever it takes to make it through the program like studying hard, moving near the area, good support system, etc....
They also ask you to bring your transcripts so I'm sure that grades play a part in the choosing process.. Good luck!!
- Oct 31, '11 by Monster41hi jecrews83,
i will be visiting winston salem in decemeber to look for potential housing. if you want to get together, you or anyone that is interested, we can surely meet up before school starts. :d
i hope everyone had a great interview and if there are still those who are waiting, good luck!! the nurse recruiter is friendly and the interview overall was an enjoyable experience.
are you still considering commuting? i am debating. what part of charlotte is your family from? i may stay with my aunt in kannpolis if you wanted to contemplate carpooling with me. it would be a two hour a day study session!Last edit by Monster41 on Oct 31, '11