New Grad RN Programs in Charlotte, NC: Looking for input!
- 0Jan 25, '11 by rosalita425I will be moving to Charlotte as soon as I graduate in July from an accelerated BSN program in Maryland and I am in the process of applying to the new grad programs at CMC and Presbyterian Hospital. I would really, really love to hear from anyone who has done either of these new grad programs as far as the application process, the selection/interview process, what units new grads ended up working in, etc. I really would like to get hired for ICU/critical care, so if anyone can shed any light on whether or not these hospitals even hire new grads in the ICU that would also be really helpful.
- 0Jan 29, '11 by Wens823I just graduated in December and have just passed the NCLEX and I can tell you that there are New Grads from May that still do not have jobs. Charlotte has 7 nursing schools in the area and we are all fighting for the handful of new grad jobs that are available. Unless you are already in Novant Health or CMC system the chances of being hired are slim to none. Sadly, I have applied for around 50 jobs and have had no luck. CMC sent out a letter to all new grads, who are not currently working for them as CNA's already, stating they will not be going forward with applications. Hopefully by the time you graduate it will be somewhat better. Good luck in nursing school and with NCLEX!
- 0Feb 6, '11 by Spoiled1Novant (Presbyterian) and all of their affiliate hospitals (Forsyth Medical Center, Rowan Regional) are hiring new grads. A lot of us from the Charlotte area are commuting to Winston to work and we're all in the intermediate critical care or the ICU. Some of us aren't even new gards! Good luck!
- 0Feb 8, '11 by tlm607I applied to CMS and sending in my application packet soon. Where did you find the application for New Grad RNs for Presbyterian? I've called twice and left messages to human resource nurse recruiter and sent 2 emails with no response. Please let me know where you found the application! Thanks!
- 0Feb 9, '11 by nursestudent743tlm607....
- 0Feb 12, '11 by rosalita425I haven't heard anything back from Presbyterian (or Novant) either. I hope the let us know the date of their open house soon (which apparently is the only way to get an interview), since I am in school in MD and need a little heads up for travel. Before last week they had their clinical reference forms you could download and print out. I had printed them out awhile ago so I have them filled out, but I dont even know where to send them now since they took that off the site or if they are even what they are still using. Let me know if you hear anything back from them!!!
- 0Feb 14, '11 by rosalita425Apparently the contact person for the New Grad program at Presbyterian has left and now the entire Novant New Grad program is based out of Winston-Salem. I have been trying to contact the Winston-Salem office but no such luck yet. If anyone gains any additional clarity on the Novant program application process please share!!
- 0Feb 21, '11 by tlm607rosalita425, i haven't heard anything yet either. I've called a few different times with no luc, I keep getting transferred to a message machine. I talked to other classmates that applied and they havent heard anything yet either. I'm about an hour away from Charlotte. I'm going to keep working on it, I'll let you know if I hear anything!!