Duke ABSN Spring 2011 - Page 9Register Today!
- Jun 28, '10 by spring2011I'm from the DFW area in Texas. Our temps are around the same right now; maybe a little higher here. I really don't know how I can keep a professional look when I'm drenched in sweat =/ hehe
- Jun 28, '10 by LalaBelleOh my goodness... I didnt get excited until I get on here and see how funny you guys are .. I remember that nice lady told me that we will have a little walk so I thought about how could I ware my high heel and walk around but I dont think it is good to ware my flip-flop with my suit either lol ..
I will hit on the road on Thursday morning and will be in Durham about noon. I come from Western North Carolina.. So it is going to take me about 4 hours to get there.. Where you guys going to stay? I will stay that Washington Duke,right behind the campus. I would highly recommend this place. It is very convenience and relax even you cant walk to nursing school, well really you can because I did at the first time I visit school but it took me about 35 min walk so . Actually, as I remember the hotel is offer you ride to Duke but I plan to drop my car off at the parking lot opposite Nursing School.
Well may be we can get some good dinner on Thursday in downtown if you like
Wahoo... I am so excited !!!!!!
Good luck everybody
- Jun 28, '10 by *PaintedSky*Is anyone bringing someone along for the day? I've read on the FALL 2010 board that some have brought parents or significant others...
- Jun 28, '10 by spring2011I was going to email M tomorrow and ask if it is okay. I'm planning on bringing my mother. I brought her on another interview in the past and they actually thought it was a good thing. They encouraged it. I'm not sure though because they didn't mention it anywhere in the email about the interview
- Jun 28, '10 by SandyHHey guys! I am sooooooo excited too! I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything else! Not a good idea when you are trying to get through classes!
I live in Raleigh, so its just a 30 minute zip for me...or maybe 45...or more who knows! Traffic is insane on I-40!
I really wanna go to Duke, but I gotta convince myself of the drive everyday! HA!
Oh and about this tour in the heat...I really don't even wanna take my dogs for a walk...
Although I am game for the flip-flops! Who says they aren't interview appropriate!
- Jun 29, '10 by *PaintedSky*[color="yellowgreen"]spring, did you hear back from m? my mom wants to tag along as well!!
- Jun 29, '10 by spring2011I emailed the lady who schedules emails. Just waiting to hear back. When she emails me back I'll let you guys know =)
- Jun 29, '10 by spring2011i meant the lady who schedules interviews oops!
- Jun 30, '10 by spring2011M said we could bring a guest =)
- Jul 11, '10 by VTGirl4282Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this discussion forum about Duke's ABSN 2011 program. I am interviewing July 23, and am super excited and nervous! So the most important question....what is everyone wearing?!? I originally thought suit, but now I am unsure as it is a full day event and it seems that there will be a lot of walking. Not to mention its mid-summer!
Anyways, I'm glad I can have a place for questions! Good luck with your interviews.