Duke ABSN Spring 2011 - Page 8Register Today!
- Jun 25, '10 by SandyHI hear ya! I start my Summer II classes on the 30th and I am hoping that here aren't any conflicts!
So, has anyone heard anything about the interview process? are they one-on-one? panels? etc?
Think I might have to go searching old boards!
- Jun 25, '10 by *PaintedSky*Sandy, I've skimmed some of the past dialogue and it looks like it's a one on one interview. Also, I've read that the person interviewing you has NOT looked at your transcripts, letters of rec, nor personal statement! I think they ask basic and broad questions...
- Jun 25, '10 by *elmo*Hi everyone! I've been following this thread for a few months and just decided to join!
I'm applying for Spring 2011 as well and am progressively getting more excited about the possibility of going to Duke. However, I'm Canadian and am a little unsure about how to write the personal statement. In Canada, most admission essays are quite formal... but I'm getting the impression this should be a little more personal. Is that right?? I'm struggling and only have a few more days left!
p.s. Congrats to everyone who has received an interview already!!
- Jun 25, '10 by LalaBelleHey SandyH. If I were you I would give the even coordinator a call. The thing is I did choose July 16th for my interview. However, the confirmation email which they sent it to me told me that I will have an interview on 23rd. So I gave her a call to ask about what exactly the day that I will have my interview. She told me that I will join the interview on July 16th session but she forget to change the date on the email she sent out ..
She said that July 16th still available and they have 48 seats for each day interview.
If I were you I would make sure because even the document that enclose with the email she sent me is for people who apply for NP program so ..
Good luck everybody
- Jun 25, '10 by spring2011I noticed that too! I got the attachment for another program
- Jun 25, '10 by SandyHThanks LalaBelle!
I got the attachment for another program as well! I had told her I wanted the 16th, but said the 23rd would be my second choice (so I just thought maybe the 16th was filled up). I'm gonna call on Monday and verify the date. I'd hate to not show up if I'm scheduled! Did you call M or S?
I think most of us were having difficult with the personal statement. It can be kinda hard to get everything in that they want. My suggestion would to make sure it is very well written (punctuation, spelling etc) and include all of the specific information they asked for. Just be yourself...I really think they want to know who you are! Good Luck to you!
- Jun 26, '10 by LalaBelleI called S, the event coordinator
- Jun 28, '10 by SandyHGot it all figured out!
I will be at Duke Days on the 16th, as well!
- Jun 28, '10 by spring2011yay! I'm glad you got everything worked out! I can't wait to meet y'all
- Jun 28, '10 by *PaintedSky*Where is everyone coming in from?? I hope they cancel the campus tour, there is no way I will walk around in this blazing heat!!