Calling all CPCC Nursing Program Spring 2010 applicants!Register Today!
- by lisiebird Sep 14, '09Hello! I applied to CPCC's Nursing Program in Charlotte, NC. I was told to expect a letter notifying me of my status by October. Has anyone out there received a letter yet???? I'm very nervous and excited at the same time:wink2:.
- Sep 15, '09 by lisiebirdUpdate... I just spoke with the admin at CPCC and the applications are still with the review committee. I was told that letters should go out next week sometime.
- Sep 20, '09 by lisiebirdI received my acceptance letter yesterday!!! I am SO excited!!! I would love to hear from anyone who has or is attending the program at CPCC now for any tips and advice
- Sep 25, '09 by nursefuturamaHello lisiebird, what many points did you get on the application? What is the accepted letter like? I am going apply to Cpcc too. Thank you for post this forum. I am so nervous about taking the Teas. Do you think it was hard when you took it?
Thank you for your respond.
- Sep 26, '09 by lisiebirdHi Nursefuturama,
I had 27.8 points out of 30. The acceptance letter just states that they are please to inform you that you have been accepted into the program. You have to send a document back that states that you will accept the spot in the program. Then, there is a mandatory orientation that you must attend. If you do not comply with both of these things, you will be dropped from the program. With the acceptance letter, there is a big medical packet that you have to complete and bring with you to orientation.
The TEAS exam was okay.... I would definitely get the Practice book from ATI Testing. I had the most difficulty with the Science portion. Just spend a lot of time brushing up on your Math, English and Science. If you can answer the questions in the practice book, you should be okay. I hope this answers your questions....
Anyway, best of luck to you whenever you decide to apply!
- Sep 29, '09 by gandrad0Congrats!! I just started the program this semester and let me tell you it is HARD!!! especially since they just changed the program.....
- Sep 30, '09 by lisiebirdHi Gandrad0,
Thanks! I can handle hard. What is the hardest part about the program for you? Any tips you can provide would be MOST APPRECIATED
- Sep 30, '09 by nursefuturamatesting!!!!
- Sep 30, '09 by gandrad0umm... the tests are so hard...not the test formats because they are multiple choice but the questions in general.... they are the type of questions that have more than one correct answer...and they will give you all four correct choices and you must choose the BEST answer.....and there is a lot of information in each unit.....its way too much work.....when do you have orientation?
- Sep 30, '09 by nursefuturamaI know the the threat that I posted is weird. That was because I tried two time to post from Cpcc computer, but it won't let me, and it worked on my own computer at home.
First of all, I have to thank Lisiebird and gandrad0 for your information on Cpcc nursing. I am glad I got to know someone who were already in the program. Please give out recommendations to be success in this program. I could believe the computer won't let me post earlier.
I plan to apply this January; I hope I will get it. I will try my best to ace that exam. Grandrs0: Do you recommend taking any other class beside the nursing class?