Anyone starting Watts School of Nursing in Jan '09 - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 17, '09 by handerson88Thanks for your help with the application process, your input really helped me calm down while completing the application process. I'm so excited, I got home from work tonight and there was a letter on the table from Watts...and thank god it was an acceptance letter! I'm so extremely excited! Thanks for all your help!
- Mar 17, '09 by kellmoiselleCongrats! It's such a good feeling! When do you start?
- Mar 18, '09 by handerson88I start prereqs in june and then the nursing courses in jan. I'm really nervous but i'm so excited also. It's such a strange feeling.
- Mar 18, '09 by reeseeWay to go handerson88! I will be in the prereq also in June hope to see you there.
- Mar 18, '09 by handerson88Oh thats awesome, it's good to already know someone is in there with me .
- Mar 30, '09 by laneymareeCongrats you guys!!
I'm in my first semester at Watts now, if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Good luck!!Last edit by Elvish on Mar 30, '09 : Reason: removing link to blog
- Mar 31, '09 by handerson88Any advice you would like to give would be greatly appreciated.
- Mar 31, '09 by laneymareeHmm, I would say to DEFINITELY learn your anatomy. The teacher from mt. olive wasn't good and i didn't learn anything. Now I'm playing catch-up.
Do the reading. Once you get to nursing, you can't pass without it.
In your pre-reqs, start holding yourself to the standard of making above an 80%. That way, you won't be so stressed once 1st semester starts.
Be friendly to everyone. If you dont work with them in 1st semester in group, you will later on.
If you're in a study group that is bad or doesn't work for you- get out early. And if study groups don't work for you, don't force it. Study alone. You only get so many tests to keep your grades up.
Lecture is the best thing that can happen to you. It's boring sometimes, yes. But, I missed one day of lecture and felt behind for that whole section. Use a tape recorder to help catch the things you missed. And actually pay attention in lecture. If you do, you'll do that much better on your tests.
That's all I can think of for now!
- Jun 1, '09 by handerson88are you having to take all the pre reqs or just some of the required ones. I got out of taking the math, sociology and english but i'm taking all the required ones.
- Oct 18, '09 by SoontoBeNurseNickyIf you have zero pre-reqs are you able to get all that are needed at Mt . olive? and how long would that take?