Westchester Medical CenterRegister Today!
- by 987! Dec 19, '12Anyone have any infoon how their new nurse orientation is? Or any info at all about the hospital? Thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=803497©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,355 Views
- Dec 20, '12 by cuzhenrysLooking for information myself, are they currently hiring?
- Dec 20, '12 by RNRACNope, but starting there in January....I guess we will find out
- Dec 20, '12 by 987!I am starting there in January too thats why I was just curious about the orientation
- Dec 20, '12 by cuzhenrysIm confused, you start orientation there next month? So they are no longer hiring?
- Dec 20, '12 by 987!I don't think they are hiring anymore. I know there were 40 spots available and they recently had interviews on certain dates, the last date being the 12th of December I think. I got a call a week later offering me a position, and I start orientation in January. I don't know if there are any more spots are available, I know there were alot of applicants there when I went- but apply on their website it wont hurt. Thats exactly what I did, then I got a response to go in for one of their interview days.
- Dec 21, '12 by ambiRNHi,
I also start orientation in January. This sounds crazy but I was soo excited to start that I didn't ask about salary. Would you guys know the salary for a part time RN? Also do we get full benefits? I didn't know they had that many spots.
- Dec 21, '12 by cuzhenrysCongrats Ladies!!!
- Dec 21, '12 by ambiRNHi RNRAC,
I'm unable to PM until I have more posts.
- Dec 21, '12 by shadownessFigured I'd jump in on this.. I've also been offered a job there late last week. It is part time and from what I understand the training is full time (for me 1 month orientation 3-4 month preceptorship) and afterwards ill get 37.5 hours every two weeks. It is possible to get a max of 64 hours every two weeks but nothing is guaranteed. I had another offer at great hospital but it was for med surg. I had a rough time turning it down because it was full time, 73k and EXCELLENT benefits. I went with my heart and took WMC because it was a critical care position (my passion as a new grad). As far as WMC... the full time pay is 66.5k for new grads, regardless of the floor.
I am curious to know what floor all of you were hired on? Hope to meet you all soon =)