Westchester Community College (WCC) Fall 2012Register Today!
- by toni98 May 16, '12Anybody accepted into WCC's nursing program yet? I'd love to here from some people. Also if anyone is already in the program I'd also love to here about your experiences so far.
- May 20, '12 by BandI heard people received their letters already. I'm in their program and just finished my first year; it's pretty intense but very worth it. Co-reqs like pharmacology or microbiology while taking nursing, may make it a bit more difficult. I don't know what else to say!
- May 28, '12 by toni98thanks for the incite. i was accepted in may and i'm super excited!
i've taken every pre and co-req so far, except for pharmacology. i'm currently taking dosage calculations online. hopefully it'll make the work load a little easier.
- Jun 12, '12 by babycheekz420I'll be there too! i got into the evening program!
- Aug 5, '12 by NvMe3489Hi all! What are the pre required courses for the rn program in Westchester community college?
- Aug 8, '12 by BandYou can go to the college website, click Academics, Academic Programs, go to link Nursing
Pre-req: CompLit I + II, A+P I + II, Gen Psych, Intro to Sociology
Co-req: Nutrition, Dosage, Micro, Pharm, 2 types of Phys ed, a social science
- Nov 24, '12 by bluedawgThe website prerequisites also say "Students must be certified for 2 years in 8 hours of Health Care Provider CPR prior to beginning the program." I have no CPR would I have to wait two years then to start the nursing program at WCC?
- Jan 29 by BandYou can take a CPR course that doesn't take more than a week. If you got your acceptance letter months before the first day of class, you should have time to get your BLS - health care provider, this is needed especially becuase you will be working at health care facilities at clinicals