St. Paul's School of Nursing Fall 2012 - page 3
Where are we on this site I don't see any representation from us on here. I am wishing all of us the best in all of our upcoming first semesters of nursing school. We are also moving to a brand new location in Rego Park I am... Read More
- 0Mjabx when you contact the school you will be scheduled to attend a information session about the RN program. That same day you will take the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Entrance Test Evaluation. You will be given 50 multiple choice or fill-in questions. You must score minimum of 16 in order to pass and I believe you will have 15 min. to answer these questions. Don't panic It is basic math and reading. Once you obtain the required passing score then you will be given an application package. You will be asked to schedule to take the HESI exam. A score of 75 or higher on (1) English Language Composite Score comprised of reading, grammer, vocabulary, and (2) math. The Wonderlic and the HESI are all computerized and result are given as soon as you complete the exam. The school also have a book that is very helpful it gives you an idea what to expect on the HESI exam it cost $30.00 I bought and it was very helpful.
- 0Yes, NUR 103 dosage calculation it is called Math for Meds. If you are planning to enter the Spring 2013 you can continue to take more courses while you are working on the admission process. Your first semester you will be required to take A&P I and since you took psych that will be a plus for you. If all goes well instead of taking six courses in the first semester you'll just take NUR 100 Foundations Of Nursing Concepts and NUR 102 Therapeutic Communication. The testing fee for NUR 101 $275.00 and for NUR 103 the fee is $70.00. The passing score is 78%. This info that I am sharing with you is in the catalog. It is very informative. The college will only accept transfer credits with a C+ or better. It's worth the try.
- 0Aug 5, '12 by mjaybxThank you so much for the information , I will call them tomorrow and see for spring 2013. Im already signed up for Rocklands LPN to RN express and signed up for A&PI , Chem 105, ENG 101, Pluralism and Diversity, Life Span development, NUR 103, and a Yoga class lol. The distance is what is making me consider St Pauls since Rockland is so far and St paul is 20 minutes away from me.
- 0If you are planning to go on to earn a B.S. in nursing then chemistry will be needed. At St. Paul's School of Nursing chemistry is not needed. The sciences you will need are A&P I, A&P II, and Micro which will be included along with all the classes required. This program is full-time Mon.- Fri. for two years. Taking the Liberal Arts and Sciences will help with the semester course load. You are a lpn so you are half way there. You can post any questions or comment regard the school. I plan on attending my first semester in Spring 2013. Good Luck!!!
- 0Aug 5, '12 by Primadon22I am hoping to start SPSON in the fall. I was accepted (received my letter July 24) but put on the September waiting list ( I passed the Hesi on July 16). I already gave my deposit, and completed everything in the packet. Now, all I can do is just wait to see if I get a spot!! I am so anxious and excited, I want to start already!!
- 1Aug 5, '12 by Southern_87I hope you get in as well primadon22 the waiting is the worse. I still was shocked after my phone call and couldn't wait for the actual letter. Now I am excited about orientation on the 11th and the anticipation won't stop until August 30th at 8:30a.m.
- 0Aug 6, '12 by Victory7Primadon22 my admission rep told me that I was accepted but was place on a waiting list. I was like the 8th person on the list. I was told that I would definitley get in but I decided that I would move my start date to January. I had to make the right choice for me. Like I said I am happy and eager to start but I strongly feel that I should start in the Spring 2013 and I am going to do just that. You should call your admission rep and find out what number are you on the waiting list. Don't worry. I hope and pray that everything work out for you and you get in for the fall. Keep me posted Primadon22.