PLEASE HELP BCIT!
- 0Mar 15, '10 by mandelia99Im deciding if I should do the BCIT lpn program, and if I should do the 2 yr night or 14 month day. Can anyone tell me where (I know it can change) they ususally have done clinicals and what times?? I work full time during the day right know is it possible to still work and finish?? I'm so confused any help would be asume! Also at night are there any high schoolers there?
- 0O yea that would work out...My dad is an accountant so I know about the numbers!!! I will be trying to manage working 10pm -6am twice a wk and working every other wknd....so Im suurreee you can manage a wknd shift!!! Far as the info sinking in more for the 2yr program..hmmm idk but the yr program will not allow us to procrastinate I do know that much so all in all the decision is yours...Im sure you'll make the right decision!!! Let me know what you decide... What camous did you apply to?
- 0ugh if only we could just go to school and not have to worry about working lol!!! I put either campus on my application! At this point i didn't care which one i went to...the RN programs have to long of a wait list! By the time I wait i could've done the night program lol I live in voorhees, so although medford may seem closer, I think westampton may be better because I can get on the freeway super quick vs route 73 and 70. which one did you apply to?
- 0Yes! Not working while in school would be GREAT! but, unfortunately not my reality I also put either but, my preference was Westampton( I wrote my preference on the form)...I will be attending Westampton. I will be commuting from De...im not familiar with Jersey so, I dont have a clue as to where voorhees is lol... but yes the RN programs are insane( the waitlist)...I figure i will do lpn and then work as an lpn while I am in school to get my RN. ALOT of people don't think that decision is wise( they are not in the nursing field AT ALL)! sooooo I figure i wouldn't take there comments to heart!...ttyl!
- 0wow ur comuting from DE! you have dedication! voorhees is off exit 4 on the pike or 32 on 295, im about 30 min from the DE border, im surprised u guys dont have any lpn programs down there. my mom is a Nurse practioner(maybe mispelled lol), she thinks going straight RN is the best choice, if u can, but thinks that regardless everyone becomes an lpn wether u work as one is another story. just like we all take the cna class, but we may not all wrk as a cna before we become nurses. regadless if u love the field a nurse is a nurse, its about helping people and if the letters infront of ur name make u feel like ur better than others, than i think nursing truly wasn't the career for those ppl! plus we'll have a leg up instead of learning it all in a yr(like some AS RN degrees and feeling overwhelmed) we will feel super comfortable and get the "wrk" experience so we can get the job we want not the job we have to take out of school!!!!we made a good choice!
- 0OMG your mom is a NP?!!! That is my loongg term goal! I want to eventually be a Womens health nurse practitioner. Yes, I also feel as though I am making the best decision for me at the time. Those who I have talked to (my cousin who went the lpn-rn-bsn-msn route and ppl from nursing boards) all say that once your an lpn that going from lpn to rn is MUCH easier...which I can imagine! Yea I am very determined and set to cut out ALL extracurricular activites! The commute is not too bad since its all eway(295) it takes me 40mins...the thing that is gonna kill me is the tolls!lol But as one said where there is a will there is a way!!! I am hoping the clinical sites wil not be extremely far from the school and if so more towards DE!lol Ms.B told me that the furtherest site was close to AC!smh...now that will be a hike for me! O we have I believe two lpn programs..one at the community college and one at a tech school but I missed the tech schools deadline and the community college i'm not done all the pre reqs and very limited spots sooo I figure I will travel a little to start now! Yes I feel like there are different strokes for different folks some choose to go bsn, some asn, and some our route!!!!!!!!! All in all u said it we will all have the same outcome(helping others) and yes, I think that getting the work experience would be very very beneficial!
- 0yeah my mom loves it, shes an ER/shock trauma freak!lol geez AC, goodness even for me thats a hike. I know some ppl said they did clinicals at RWJ,in hamilton, which is about an hr from me..it's closer to trenton/hamilton station area. i wish they had 1 or 2 places they delt with and thats it, like viruta and cooper. i wonder how clinicals differ from night to day!