Christ Hospital S.O.N fall 2012 student classRegister Today!
- by JerseyGirl6 Mar 29, '12I've been looking up threads trying to find people who are going to be in the fall 2012 class at CHSON. I going to be in the day divison and just wanted to know if anybody else is out there whose gonna be in my class maybe we could all meet up at orientation in may or something. Well just reply to the thread if your goin to be in the CHSON in fall 2012 and again congrats we made it
- Apr 25, '12 by Chiclets13I'm going to be in attending CHSON day division in the Fall as well. I would love to meet up at the orientation.
- Jun 8, '12 by JerseyGirl6Hey sorry we missed each other for orientation but maybe we can try again at the orientation days in august...well we got 2 months to figure out how lol...let me know, I look forward to meetin you
- Jan 28 by Janice530Hi JerseyGirl6! I'm starting at Christ in the fall of 2013, night division. I was just wondering if you have any tips or advice. Do i need a drug guide or anything else?
- Feb 19 by JerseyGirl6Sorry for the late reply...im in the middle of my second semester and its truly a hand full!
Well first let me give a congratulations on being accepted to nursing school and a pat on the back for being accepted into chirst hospital school of nursing because though we are in conjunction with hudson county community college, its no walk in the park.
As for anything extra needed to be a success, I would say the books, supplies and tools the school tells you to get are plenty...trust me. Any other books you may need that aren't required can be found in the school of nursing library and even online for FREE! (A word you hear few and far in between but always a joy...lol) and make sure you get a pen light, measuring tape, small notepad and always have two black ink pen on you for clinicals. Yes you will be involved in clinicals during your first semester!
As far as that I think you should be ok. Other advice I have is to study study and don't forget to study but if you have any question just message me personally and I'll be sure to answer any questions you have about chirst hospital. Also you can call or visit the school yourself, they are very friendly and helpful.
Good luck and I'll see you next semester
- Apr 29 by Nursingstudent199Hi I just got accepted into Christ Nursing. Would you be able to give an insight for nursing 2!
- @Nursingstudent199 Are u starting with nursing two or nursing one?
- But whether or not your going into 1 or 2 the second semester is both a continuation of nursing 1 and more complex material with and introduction of psych nursing. The harder in the sense that its more complex than nursing 1 so if nursing 1 is easy for you take full advantage of learning and knowing the material and not memorizing it because you will use it in nursing 2,3, and 4. All of the classes are a prerequisite for he next level up so don't memorize, really know it! Of course your going have to memorize the concrete materials like lab values and meds etc but know what they do and why they change and what theirs used for! Just think that everything you learn is what you need to be a great nurse and nursing courses are not like other courses where your sitting in class wondering what the heck are you going to be using this material on.
I just took my 3rd exam today and I'm not too confident in my grade so learn from my mistakes and learn the material, don't memorize and don't cram this material...it will help you greatly because all finals are comulative!
- Good luck in your studies!