Bergen Community College Nursing Program Question - page 6
Last Thursday I was at the college for the purpose of collecting my Chemistry grade with some classmates. Apparently, there was a graduation ceremony for RN's going on that night as well, and my friends started talking to one... Read More
- 0Apr 23, '10 by peace333Thanks so much for the info! That is ashame about people dropping out since it wasn't for them - and those who have to wait a year even tho a seat is open. I really want to make it in the program for Fall - I have Kanterman for AP1 now and love him - wonderful teacher. I plan to sign up for Flannery for AP2 for the Fall, and then wait to see if I get into the program. It's so hard not knowing where your test scores/gpa stands among all the applicants. I have a BA with a 3.75 gpa, and an A in Anatomy, B+ in Chem, both from Bergen. You just never know - so here's hoping, and good news is that it's competitive, so a good program.
Any other advice you can give is greatly appreciated! When did you find out about acceptance - in May or June?
- 0Apr 23, '10 by msfutureRN20Hey Peace333,
I took my HESI on the 14th for the fall program as well....
You asked a specific question about if the 23rd is the last day for testing.....
I've heared the 25th is..... which would be this Sunday.. I think some people are taking it tom. (SAT.) Anyway, good luck to the both of us. Hope to see you in the fall. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
- 0Apr 23, '10 by fishermanIVhey peace 333, sound to me that i'll be seeing you next semester in the nursing program. professor flannery is great. i had her for a&p 2, try and learn the krebs cycle early..even before she gets to it. her last exam is endocrine and exocrine..learn it well..that will be a big help..the krebs cycle still confuses me sometimes. the newest nclex book is [color=#431a00]davis?s q&a review for the nclex-rn examination [color=#431a00]by kathleen ohman[color=#431a00] , also when you get into the nursing program, look for students in the library who are doing care plans on the computer and strike up a conversation about who they have, what level they are in, what advice they can give.etc....you'll be surprised how helpful the nursing students can be. offering tips on care plans, how to study for a certain teachers test...level 1 is about the fundamentals of nursing, it can be very boring, but it's required...you'll have 3 classes in level 1 and the 1st "fundamentals" test will be on i believe 26-28 chapters, the phy assessment will be on 18 chapters and pharm will be on 10 chapters...it can be done..i would suggest getting the calculate w/ confidence now so you know it , giving you more time to read other stuff...get a pocket med dictionary ..don't spend more than $5 for them..they can go for up to $60..but they are all the same for now..know the websites..dealoz.com can tell you who has the cheapest price for the book you want..you just have to know the isbn #, if you don't know it, look it up on amazon.com then go to dealoz. also before buying a book from someone, make sure they are not ripping you off..check out what it's worth first...beware of ebay...you get a lot of people (dealers) buying the books you need and reselling them to you at a higher price..ok..off to class now..1 last tip..no 1 is going to tell you this in level 1, but they library has dvd's by judy miller..they will save your butt..check em out
- 0Apr 23, '10 by ukgirl7655Hey All Fall 2010 Hopefuls!!
I am also SUPER eager to find out if I made the cut...I got a 91.25% over all but am especially concerned about the "quota" (Fisherman - you got me all freaked out! Haha!! Just teasin' ya )!!!
How has everyone else done so far? I know the average is 69%, but as far as everyone on this thread goes...I'm curious where we are all landing in the line-up!! Sounds like most of us are doin' pretty well! I guess that's why we are the ones on here anxious to find out!
How did yall do??
- 0Apr 23, '10 by moojieHello everyone I just got home from the exam! I got a 92.8 overall. Here is how I faired for each subject:
Biology was ridiculous. I think some questions that were on there were way too specific. That 80 brought my score down Oh WELL, I am still crossing my fingers Good luck to all!
- 0Apr 23, '10 by ukgirl7655Congrats!!!!! I also thought the Bio was kinda crazy...the answered I knew, I knew...but the answers I didn't know, I HAD NO CLUE!!!!!!! I ended up with an 84% in both the sciences....good job on the Chem, I felt the same about it as I did the Bio.
Here is how I did:
Math - 94
Bio - 84
Chem - 84
Reading/Comp - 94
Vocab - 96
Grammar - 96
Over all - 91.25
I HOPE this is enough to get in....fingers crossed!!
Do we know whether they take our GPA (for prereq's) into consideration as well??
- 0Apr 23, '10 by moojieYea, Bio was ridiculous. I took this section first and I thought I was going to die afterwards, lol. The Chem I mostly knew because I took it last semester and it was my favorite subject... You did really well btw I do not think they care about GPA. I asked my counselor and she said that as far as she knew, they were still taking the top XY scores. I wish the GPA was more of a factor. I think it is a testament to a person's work ethic, and as fisherman said, there is a high drop out rate. In theory someone with a 2.5 student can get in while the 4.0 student is left out to dry. Here is my idea: give the test, take the top 200 or so scores, and then put that in order from highest GPA to lowest and take the top 90 or whatever. That seems fair to me... this way you are not putting all your stock into one part of a person's portfolio. Nah mean?