Bergen Community College Nursing Program Question - page 4
by Cinqui73 | 211,409 Views | 1517 Comments
Last Thursday I was at the college for the purpose of collecting my Chemistry grade with some classmates. Apparently, there was a graduation ceremony for RN's going on that night as well, and my friends started talking to one... Read More
- 0Apr 19, '10 by msfutureRN20Hi everybody.
Well, I took my HESI for BCC on April 14th... and I have all of my scores. Can someone please tell me what the passing score usually is to be accepted into the program? I did do pretty well, A's and B's, however, the chemistry brought me down a little bit. I am hopeing I will still get in!
Please get back to me...
- 0Apr 19, '10 by moojieThey take scores from the top 90 students(1189 took it last year). I heard(but did not confirm) that someone got in with a 79 last year, but that does not really ring true. My professor mentioned that a 92-94 would secure a seat...it is all conjecture. I will say this, it will be more competitive than last year because 1.)enrollment in the school is up 30%, and 2.)this is the second year they are giving the Hesi A2, so more students know what to study by now and have more resources to do well. I personally think the way they do the admissions is really shady (GPA is not a factor as long as you have a 2.5, and I have heard of two students getting in because they "know someone"). So if I do not get in, I have a contingency plan. Good luck, and I hope to see you in the fall
- 1Apr 19, '10 by msfutureRN20Well my accumulative score is an 87.5, and so far the class average is a 69.
Hey MMR486... Sure I can give you some tips.
I feel bad to say this but I can remember so much about the exam except the chemistry portion which was what brought me down from the A average I was hoping for. The math, I can tell you, is VERY basic, know your fractions, division/multiplication, addition and subtraction and your percents. English, very basic too. Did you get the HESI Admissions Assessment Review book? A lot of people were unhappy with it, however, it is VERY helpful for the math and english portions. I personally, am so happy I bought it! I also found it to be very helpful for the biology section.
The exam is around four hours, I took about two and a half. It wasn't TOO bad, I'll say that. Make sure you have a good breakfast and give yourself time to get there. It def. will help. and good luck.
They also assess your personality and learning style.
- 0Apr 20, '10 by msfutureRN20Well the class average is located on the homepage of the Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation website. Did they send you any e-mails yet about your scores? If so, go to the website and log in to your account, if you do not have an account create one. Once you create one you can look at the left of the homepage and click where it says "my content, and then Reach testing and Remediation"..... when you go there, you'll see your scores compared to the average scores...
- 0Apr 20, '10 by nurseaptdag90: I'm having trouble accessing the Reach testing and Remediation portion on the Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation website. Would you mind copying & pasting the current class averages for each subject? I just saw someone was nice enough to do it on a previous post, but it was for last years group. I've taken the Hesi and I'd love to see how I faired. Thanks, I really appreciate it!!
- 0Apr 22, '10 by msfutureRN20Well, just so you know they no longer show the class average for EACH individual subject... now it has changed to the class average overall and I can't seem to find the other averages that they displayed for me about a week ago. BUT I did print the averages right after I took my test, which was about a week ago.
The averages are:
Reading Comprehension: 82