USN nursing school interview - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 11, '10 by oxojoyoxo2have you heard back yet? I have a friend who interviewed w them not too long ago and already got accepted!
- Jun 11, '10 by mmt4Hey guys I am doing a telephone "advising" interview - the appt where they go over your unofficial transcripts to give you an idea of what should transfer and what else you may need to take, and where you can ask questions about the program. This is not the actual program interview you do after submitting your application.
The guy I talked to to set it up said it would take an hour. (this is after faxing them the unofficial transcripts the week prior).
He made it sound like a hybrid of an interview and an advising appointment, but I was under the impression prior to his description of it that it was more of a personal informational appt to help plan out the year and the application process.
Now I wonder if I am going to have some interview questions thrown at me (which seems odd just b/c I have not even applied yet).
Have either of you done this and did it take you an hour? I don't have a whole lot of questions besides confirming the format of the program and the basic schedule, and I would assume it won't take long for them to tell me I need the NV constitution requirement and Eng 102 (and me to ask which CLEP exams count for that b/c I already have a BS and I would rather clep Eng102 than take it since it was waived by my undergraduate institution), and whether the rest of my credits are "young" enough to count.
- Jun 21, '10 by cnwapshi all, pls anybody with a recent info on usn interview, i know some of you just had your interview for the bsn at usn, pls any info about the drilling process wouldnt hurt. am so nervous and i hope i do well on my interview date.its coming up on the 8th and my teas test is just a day before my ninterview which is 7th of july.
- Jun 21, '10 by sweet_emotion12@oxojoy sorry for the late reply...i got my an email stating that i got accepted a week after i got interviewed, then a week later they sent in the admissions packet with the official acceptance letter
- Jun 21, '10 by sweet_emotion12@cnwaps dont stress too much. the interview is not as nerve racking as it is. just relax and be loose, oh and be honest..lol. if you have questions dont hesitate to ask. they ask you questions regarding leadership, team skills, problem solving and all that jazz. the length of the interview depends. the tour of the school is 30 minutes long. so a total of 1hr-1hr.30min. Good Luck on your TEAS and interview. =]]
- Jun 21, '10 by cnwaps@sweet emotion 12,thanks for ur reply.congratulations on ur acceptance, i hope i do get accepted also, do you remember any specific questions you were asked, what kind of questions did you ask them, i guess you had a writing sample.am really nervous, never felt like this before, i really hope it goes well..........hopefully we start in august
- Jun 22, '10 by mrscdogIs everyone talking about USN?
- Jun 22, '10 by sweet_emotion12@cnwaps thank you. umm. Tell me about yourself? What is your greatest achievement in life? umm what can you contribute within your team? those kinds of questions. Yes, you have an essay to do and its not all that hard. it has something to do with either team skills, problem solving, professionalism and all that. you have 15 minutes to do it..No pressure. and dont think too hard on it either. Relax, I was the same dont worry. You will make it. =]]
@mrscdog Yes we are..
- Aug 19, '10 by LnMaRQuote from cnwapsHi cnwaps!@sweet emotion 12,thanks for ur reply.congratulations on ur acceptance, i hope i do get accepted also, do you remember any specific questions you were asked, what kind of questions did you ask them, i guess you had a writing sample.am really nervous, never felt like this before, i really hope it goes well..........hopefully we start in august
So how did the interview go? Did you get in? Can you throw some tips out there for the rest of us?
- Jan 22, '11 by nightnurse702Hi-
USN is a school that will screw you over and kick you out a few months before you graduate. The profesors display academic incivlity and the Dean is cold hearted. This school is easy to get into but trust me any other nursing school would be worth the wait. The money you pay is not worth the disrespect and verbal abuse you get from the professors.