Anyone starting Creighton Accelerated BSN?
- 0Aug 16, '07 by neumantsHi there,
I will be starting NS at Creighton in Jan 08 and was wondering if anyone else is out there in the same class? Also any input from past accelerated graduates would be a huge help.......getting a little nervous!!:spin:
- 9,606 Visits
- 0Mar 23, '08 by neumantsHi there,
I am in the ANC program currently. It is awesome, but incredibley challenging. I am not sure what your situation is, but I have 3 kids (ages 8 and 5 yr old twins) and a military husband (from MT as well!) who is rarely home. So my experience is a little different than most in my class. Creighton has a very high first time pass rate on the NCLEX so the whole program is geared toward that kind a application type learning. The instructors are very available and willing to help you. I am happy to share any details with you via email if you want more info. I would recommend this program to anyone.....but be ready to give up your life as you know it for 12 months!
- 0May 9, '08 by PipstimmeHi neumants,
I am almost done with my prerequisites and will be starting the ANC program at Creighton (at the Hastings campus at Mary Lanning Hospital) this August. Like you, I have a husband and kids (8 & 10 year-old daughters) and am preparing for a very challenging year. I do know some graduates of this program although they were young and single when they graduated. I have been told it is a year of HELL but well worth it...
I'm wondering how you're doing so far, and what your biggest challenges have been. I came across this website by happenstance and am glad I found your post. Like you in your August post, I am getting nervous but am excited to start.
- 1Dec 1, '08 by dmskokaI have applied for August 2009 among many other schools as I am in California.. It is very hard to get in anywhere here. I have heard that their is a lot of learning on your own in this program. Are you satisfied with the lab time that you are getting and the clinicals? Basically do you feel that they are really training you well to enter a new grad program at a hospital. All these accelerated programs scare me a bit in the fact that there is so much to cover in such a short time... Also does anyone know how the housing --apartments are around the school?
Thank you soo much
- 1Feb 1, '09 by mcm1213Well, it didnt seem like Creighton was in a horrible location, just not the best...it is right downtown. Once you get into the Creighton campus, it is very nice. You walk down like cobblestone streets, and the buildings are on the left and the right. It actually is very large and very nice. I didn't spend too much time there, as we were also looking for apartments. The apartments are a little more expensive than they are here in Wisconsin, but I guess you are going to have that if you choose to live downtown. Western Omaha is where we looked for apartments, it is about a 20 minute drive to the campus, but is much quieter, and in a much better neighborhood. we found a very nice apt, that is in a gated community, and I believe that it is 815.00 for a one bedroom, but comes with a garage, washer and dryer, and a lot of other nice things.
We were only there for about 2 days but any other questions that I would be able to answer I would be happy to help!